Does anyone remember

Hi,
I am hoping someone will be able to put me out of my misery. I have been trying to remember the name of a sitcom that was out in the 70s, possibly early 80s. I think it only ran one season, it was set in a greasy spoon cafe that held an amateur astrologer's night and the owner of the cafe was in charge. All I can remember is that they were all a bunch of misfits with one more so than the rest. It is all a bit hazy, sorry it is not much to go on, but I appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

Hi FryingTonight.

Is there anything else you can remotely half-remember about the show? Presumably it was an ensemble comedy rather than being focussed on just one or two characters with everyone else around them?

Perhaps you have a vague recollection of what some of the people looked like?

I'm guessing the astrology night would be the storyline of one episode rather than the basis for the whole series?

For some reason, I think the main character was called Colin, but what with the later comedy of Colin's Sandwich, it made me doubtful. The main character was the sensible one and for a while, I thought it was the actor who played PC Wilmot in Rosie, I think he was about the same build. The theme was the astrologer's club, again but I am not sure if they sighted a new star/ comet. Just sitting here writing this, I get a very strong feeling that it was a UFO spotter's club and not astrologers, pretty positive in fact, thank you! Funny how things come back, not sure if this will help you at all, but it has given me hope!

I assume it wasn't Kinvig?

Well Tony Haygarth was the star of Kinvig but the rest doesn't seem to match! Hmm.

Something else I am not sure about so was hesitant to mention it, but it is possible that there was a story-line that ran through the series about something to do with someones woolly hat! Yes I know it sounds strange but it was maybe it belonged to an old friend, or a mini local celebrity who appeared on a television programme or similar, or started the club.I could of course have it all wrong.
Another minor point is the counter ran along the left hand side of the set, and the door in was on the back wall to the right?

I have just had a look at a couple of snatches from Kinvig and it is possible that it could be the programme. Possibly it was a repair shop and not a cafe, and maybe it was just one person who was the UFO enthusiast, he was the over strange one and maybe I associated the cap with him. I am going to try to watch a few episodes and see if anything fits together.
Thank you guys, you have possibly sorted something out in one night that has been driving me mad for yeards, I will let you know and thanks you agsin

I have now watched all of the 7 episodes of Kinsvig on YouTube and have come to the conclusion that it must have been the series I was trying to remember. Too many things tie up or can be interpreted to suit.
The story line was about space, the main character was who I thought it was and he did not do his day job during the show. There was hero worship in the shape of Jim and his envy about seeing a space ship, the hat which is associated with him.
Most of it I do not remember but that is enough to remind me, funny, I thought I would have remembered Prunella Gee 8)
Thank you guys for laying this one to rest, without you, I very much doubt that I would have ever found out

Hurray!