The Crazy Ones

S new sitcom also on CBS Starring Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame. Can't miss right? WRONG!!Williams and Gellar play the Owner and Daughter of a big Ad Agency in New York. Dad is a bit left of center while the Ivy League straight laced Daughter is the sensible one but Dad always seems to make the save, but it's actually the daughter who does behind the scenes. BORING! Worst waste of Robin Williams I have ever seen in my life! The best part of the show was the blooper scene in the end credits! After watching the 1st episode I have no interest in watching a 2nd.

Here in the States they keep saying what a hit it is due to the number of people who watched it. Of course people are going to watch the 1st episode! It's starring Robin Williams!!! Lets see how many tune in for episode 2!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-crazy-ones/

The numbers for this were skewed hard by The Big Bang Theory lead in... I've not read too much positive about it except for the ratings, but didn't watch.

I'd say to watch it and see what you think, but prepare for the worst!

Does the concept of this show strike anyone as being a bit "Absolutely Fabulous" - esque? The outlandish parent, with retro-flashbacks, guided by the sensible, straight-laced child? What is missing is an even-worse friend. :D

The reversal of competency roles is older than Ab Fab... I alway think it's fairly obvious trope, but that maybe cause I grew up with Inspector Gadget and Family Ties.

But the similarity goes to the fact that he's in advertising, like Edina is in P.R. on "Ab Fab".

Quote: ToddB @ 13th January 2014, 12:49 AM GMT

But the similarity goes to the fact that he's in advertising, like Edina is in P.R. on "Ab Fab".

P.R. and Advertising are two different things.... granted they're both middle class asshole jobs.

I've watched three episodes of this and I think I'm done. Robin Williams doing voices isn't funny.