LA Story

God, I love this film. All those wacky little touches like the 'slo mo' option on the shower dial and the great lines like Steve Martin claiming if he had breasts he'd never leave the house.

I'm finding it difficult now to choose between this and Planes, Trains and Automobiles as my favourite Steve Martin film. I think PTAA probably just wins due to nostalgia.

"The Man With Two Brains" or the "Jerk" Steve martin is a class act... love all his flicks.

I love Steve Martin, favourite comedy is probably PTAA.

'L.A Story' is okay. And 'The Jerk' is fantastic. I wasn't too keen on 'The Man with Two Brains' though. Except at the start when he walks down the corridor with those rabbit ears on, I nearly pissed myself when I saw that.

Shame he slipped into the tired old Family comedies, Bow Finger was a good return to the old skool for him though.

LA Story has a rewatchability to it everytime atch it there is something new I missed last time, very good film. Steve Martin is a legend!

I love that film!

Love Steve Martin, The Jerk, Bowfinger, Two Brains, lots of good stuff. I also have his stand up albums, Lets Get Small is fantastically funny! Id love to get a live DVD of Martin doing his stand up, as you can tell youre missing out on a lot just hearing the audio, but there doesnt seem to be any around.

I've never seen LA Story but Steve Martin is a great comic actor! Remember "Roxanne"? The first one I saw of his ... must have been about thirteen years ago now.

Quote: Reiss Ellesse @ August 5, 2007, 8:14 PM

"The Man With Two Brains" or the "Jerk" Steve martin is a class act... love all his flicks.

All? Surely he can't be forgiven for trying to kill Sgt Bilko and the Pink Panther?!

Well when I said ALL his movies.. there may be the odd one or TWO... and if this PC Fenchy Broadband from bloo** remote island..land...place... turns off again...i'm gonna march right up to the Mayors office and...and point... due to his french being better than mine... GRRRRRRRR french un-broadband crap