Quiz Shows Page 6

What on earth are you on about?

Ah. Well that explains half of it.

I used to like quiz shows a lot more when I was a youngster. I remember the whole country seemed to be obsessed with Who Wants To Be a Millionaire when it started. It was gripping stuff.

Quote: Tim Azure @ August 8 2013, 7:51 PM BST

I think he's referring to the Saturday game show on BBC1.

Is that the lottery quiz?

Nobody's interested in that. They just want to see the live draw and switch off in disapointment.

Series 10 of Only Connect starts this coming Monday 1st September (now "promoted" to BBC2 ) - just found out that I have had 3 Connections and 3 Sequences accepted.

:)

Well done HGT!

On the subject of quiz shows, that new one by Richard Osman is a right pack of . . . .

Quote: Oldrocker @ 28th August 2014, 5:29 PM BST

Well done HGT!

On the subject of quiz shows, that new one by Richard Osman is a right pack of . . . .

It's not great although I'm watching it now - mainly for the banter.

Still love Pointless. Wouldn't have won tonight though.

Pointless = No. 1 !

Quote: Oldrocker @ 28th August 2014, 5:29 PM BST

Well done HGT!

Thank you OR! :)

Quote: Oldrocker @ 28th August 2014, 6:23 PM BST

Pointless = No. 1 !

Yay! :)

I watched the first 5 minutes of Only Connect. It is a bit up itself isn't it. A pretentious version of Paul Daniels' Odd One Out which is the only TV programme I tried for.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd September 2014, 6:13 PM BST

I watched the first 5 minutes of Only Connect. It is a bit up itself isn't it. A pretentious version of Paul Daniels' Odd One Out which is the only TV programme I tried for.

Had to watch to see if the questions I had accepted made an appearance - sadly not yet! :(

Victoria is like Marmite............and the rest are brainiacs.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd September 2014, 7:09 PM BST

Had to watch to see if the questions I had accepted made an appearance - sadly not yet! :(

Victoria is like Marmite............and the rest are brainiacs.

How did you do it? Do they ask for examples?

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd September 2014, 6:13 PM BST

I love it. Half of it is complete and utter gibberish to me, but some of it's doable!

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd September 2014, 8:59 PM BST

How did you do it? Do they ask for examples?

Just made contact with the parent company that produces the show (about two years ago) and started sending questions in on the templates that they send you.

LOT of research - you have to quote two sources of reference and are NOT allowed to use Wikipedia, AND you have to supply the trivia that "Vicky" uses on the show - she's not as clever as you are lead to think. Laughing out loud Although, to be fair she is a smart cookie.

Mind you! It's not too dissimilar to script writing - I sent in over 130 questions (!) and they accepted 7.............. :(