That Sinking Feeling

Pingl

• Saturday 8th September 2012, 12:10pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 4,818 posts

I wonder does anyone know if Bill Forsyth's That Sinking Feeling is being released on DVD? I know the BFI have restored the original soundtrack; that was replaced with a terrible dub for the American audience four years after its release. I would love to watch the original version as I recall watching it on TV years ago and it was a work of genius.

Aaron

• Saturday 8th September 2012, 4:22pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,339 posts
Quote: Pingl @ September 8 2012, 12:10 PM BST

I wonder does anyone know if Bill Forsyth's That Sinking Feeling is being released on DVD?

Product artwork - buy at Amazon
Buy at Amazon
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/10136652/That-Sinking-Feeling/Product.html]

Chappers

• Saturday 8th September 2012, 4:45pm [Edited]
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,326 posts

I initially read that as Bruce Forsyth and all I could think of was Tripper's Day.

Pingl

• Saturday 8th September 2012, 4:58pm
  • England
  • 4,818 posts

That is the version with the dubbed American soundtrack, apparently the BFI has restored a version with the original soundtrack. I've seen both versions and there is no comparison, although the Glasgow accent can be hard at times. I know Mark Kermode is showing the original version in Shetland at the Screenplay Festival but was wondering if it will be released in its original form. Cheers anyway.

Aaron

• Saturday 8th September 2012, 5:07pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,339 posts

In that case, not the foggiest. DVD companies don't reveal such secrets. It's a good bet, but what you're really asking is when, not if.

Pingl

• Saturday 8th September 2012, 5:17pm
  • England
  • 4,818 posts

Guess so, checked the BFI site, but no luck. Anyway can't recommend the original film enough.