Ahoy thar, new guy saying hi

Hi!

Found these forums recently after deciding to finally look into taking up comedy as a hobby. I've always enjoyed making people laugh and have what I like to think of as a great sense of humour, considered attempting stand-up a few times in the past but recently I've really developed an interest in it, have been attending local comedy clubs to watch as many new comics as I can and am currently working on writing my first proper material to attempt some open-mic nights with (if I can get over nerves).

About me, well I'm 29, and I'm a mature student at university in the first year of my degree. My favourite comedians currently are Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran, Greg Davies and Micky Flanagan, and despite mime being not something I'm interested in trying myself I find The Boy With Tape On His Face hilarious. I also love comedy shows such as Black Books, Spaced, Garth Marenghis Dark Place, Fresh Meat, Balls of Steel, Peep Show, and panel shows such as QI, Buzzcocks, Mock The Week and Have I Got News For You.

I've no aspirations to be a famous comedian (yet ~ I've not done a performance yet so I might get 'the bug') but I'm really looking forward to giving it a go and seeing how it feels and if I can raise a laugh or two from a room full of strangers.

Anywho, just wanted to say Hi and may post in the future for advice or critique depending how my new hobby goes for me :)

Welcome!
Wave

Ahoy :)