Hello everyone!

Hello all,

My names Ben and I am a young and aspiring comedian, though at this stage my biggest commitment is in joining this forum. My initial goal is to find lots of local open mic nights where I can practice my stand up and to make some friends.
I'm from Slough if anyone has any ideas?

It's lovely to "meet" you all.

Ben

Hi Ben and welcome.
I could possibly get you a gig. It would be the Hertfordshire area but would obviously need to see some of your stuff first. Do you have any videos/scripts/ideas etc?

Welcome ben Wave

Hello Ben

Hello Wave

Thank you everyone for the kind welcome!

Quote: ShirleyMcFurley @ January 19 2012, 6:29 PM GMT

Hi Ben and welcome.
I could possibly get you a gig. It would be the Hertfordshire area but would obviously need to see some of your stuff first. Do you have any videos/scripts/ideas etc?

I have nothing to my name as of yet though I am a creative man, and I have an awful lot of notes. I hope to have a five minute set by next weekend. Though to what quality I couldn't tell you. I'm kind of expecting to go out there and get shot down in an elaborate ball of fire, but if all goes well it'll be a massive bonus. Optimism, that's me!!!

:) Hi Ben, what comedians do you like? and what TV shows?

Quote: dellas @ January 21 2012, 6:53 AM GMT

:) Hi Ben, what comedians do you like? and what TV shows?

Hi! I am a big fan of Ricky Gervais and Russell Brand. I appreciate that this may be a silly thing to say but I don't really watch too much TV any more. Too much reality TV nonsense going on.

Hey Ben :) I'm a new stand up as well so I will answer any questions if you want to the best of my ability

Quote: Ben Fleetwood @ January 19 2012, 1:43 PM GMT

I'm from Slough if anyone has any ideas?

Yeah, get out as soon as you can. Run, Ben, RUN!

(And welcome to the BCG.)

Hello Ben and welcome Wave

Quote: Ben Fleetwood @ January 24 2012, 3:16 PM GMT

I appreciate that this may be a silly thing to say but I don't really watch too much TV any more. Too much reality TV nonsense going on.

Yep, the shit pump sucks.

And hello, Ben.