In Loving Memory

I decided to check out the Thora Hird show where she helps to run an undertakers with her nephew. She was easily as good in this as she was in Last Of The Summer Wine in my opinion.

Better in this, perhaps?

This was a better comedy than LOTSW - it's dated, but I still laugh at the ending.

Drag this forum back to the land of the living

I have been enjoying this. Half way through Series 2 and although it's not brilliant it has a certain charm and the laughs keep rolling. Thora Hird is wonderful and there are some great cameo appearances - Richard Wilson, Joan Sims etc.

A really nice show. Thora Hird is fantastic in this, much prefer her as this character than Edith in LOTSW. The cameos of guest stars is quite great as well with Joan Sims and Richard Wilson. Gonna get her other sitcom she did at the same time Halleuah.

Christopher Beeny's performance in the very first episode is bizarre.

He plays Billy as a grotesque, demented loon - like a retarded Quasimodo.

Thank God he toned it down soon after.

With Jeremiah still alive, there's really quite a different dynamic going on in the first episode though, isn't there?

Quote: Aaron @ 25th July 2020, 9:43 AM

With Jeremiah still alive, there's really quite a different dynamic going on in the first episode though, isn't there?

I wasn't expecting his death to be like that, I was expecting Jeremiah's death to be him passed in his sleep and Ivy wondering why he wasn't waking up.

Also is there anyway I can watch the original pilot you know? As I'd like to see the original pilot and get some thoughts on it for myself.

Not without a time machine I'm afraid. It's missing believed wiped.