Rick & Peter

Did anyone else watch this? I can't find a thread about it. It was one of the E4 comedy lab shows.

I thought it was brilliant, the best of the the C4/E4 pilots that have been on in the last few weeks. I hope there is more to come.

There was certainly some potential in it, and in the first half of the show quite a few laughs I think, but then it all just went a bit slow. And dull. And, frankly, Peter was too much of a cock.

Quote: Aaron @ September 25 2011, 8:44 PM BST

And, frankly, Peter was too much of a cock.

Now I'm not sure which one is Peter... Rick is the T4 presenter, I think he was more of a cock. As my partner said, 'Son of Partridge'.

Peter's in the wheelchair. I felt that whilst the Rick character was certainly a tit, he wasn't in any way mean - he just didn't really understand why he was having to do all of this, or how exactly it was supposed to help. Which is partly him being a bit dim, and partly his manager and the C4 guy just ordering him, not explaining anything. But yes, he came across as naive rather than anything like malicious or nasty.

On the other hand, Peter just felt a bit horrible from the start. True, like Rick, some of it was probably him being a bit naive and not really understanding why he had to do all of this, but he came across as far colder, and more stand-off-ish. And then that line where he objected to thanking people for helping him, because otherwise he'd be saying "thank you" all day long - that seemed really telling of a nasty character.

I see what you mean now. I could understand why Peter would feel that way, although his behaviour was rude. It didn't bother me though - I have no problem with both characters being unsympathetic :)