New crazy vid

Hello there comedy world, just joined this site as it seems pretty cool. This is a new vid from me and the boys. We love comedy and we enjoy putting these together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV7PPuGL5zY

That's the YouTube link. If you like crazy odd comedy you may like it.

Quote: Muckyduck Mel @ June 18 2011, 2:36 PM BST

If you like crazy odd comedy you may like it

Admittedly I only got as far as the first 2 minutes, but I would say it's more like people mimicing mentally disabled people by putting on 'funny voices' than odd, really unfunny, sorry.

Watched most of it, with bits skipped. I liked the idea of the break-in deterrant for the shit-covered gran (and the mum's rape alarm gag was pretty funny), but it was FAR too long and didn't focus enough on the contraption for my liking!

I do agree with Shandonbelle that the voices seem like fake 'disabled voices'. I suspect that you've gone for Reeves and Mortimer meets David Sourbutt but it feels a little too mocking.

When you do those sort of characters you've got to show something really redeeming about them (David Sourbutt, Gilbert off The Morgana Show etc), and I didn't get that here.

Have you thought about playing the exact same material as a couple of just socially awkward 'geeks'? I can feel the material working to that, and it would feel less sneery.

Anyway, what do I know?

I like the title music.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 18 2011, 3:28 PM BST

Watched most of it, with bits skipped. I liked the idea of the break-in deterrant for the shit-covered gran (and the mum's rape alarm gag was pretty funny), but it was FAR too long and didn't focus enough on the contraption for my liking!

I do agree with Shandonbelle that the voices seem like fake 'disabled voices'. I suspect that you've gone for Reeves and Mortimer meets David Sourbutt but it feels a little too mocking.

When you do those sort of characters you've got to show something really redeeming about them (David Sourbutt, Gilbert off The Morgana Show etc), and I didn't get that here.

Have you thought about playing the exact same material as a couple of just socially awkward 'geeks'? I can feel the material working to that, and it would feel less sneery.

Anyway, what do I know?

I like the title music.

Yep, I knew it was too long, I got carried away. I went for a mad bag of badgers feel to it but I sense it needed a bit more gusto to it. The character of Eugene was a nod to the average smug YouTube host. All input's good, so thanks for watching.

Sorry matey, it isn't to my tastes, but given what is on the telly that isn't to my tastes (virtually eveything) I imagine you could probably do well.

I will also add another 'no' to the voices, for me, as soon as I heard the voices you had already lost me and I don't believe the Scottish accent really did any Scottish accent justice at all, it was little inconsistent.

Annunciate as well, because I couldn't even tell if the written stuff was even supposed to be funny or whether you were relying on the acting because I couldn't really hear what the characters were saying.

That is just my opinion and I have tried my best to be helpful, whether anyone agrees or takes it in is a different matter.

Quote: Bill Jaguar @ June 18 2011, 5:51 PM BST

Sorry matey, it isn't to my tastes, but given what is on the telly that isn't to my tastes (virtually eveything) I imagine you could probably do well.

I will also add another 'no' to the voices, for me, as soon as I heard the voices you had already lost me and I don't believe the Scottish accent really did any Scottish accent justice at all, it was little inconsistent.

Annunciate as well, because I couldn't even tell if the written stuff was even supposed to be funny or whether you were relying on the acting because I couldn't really hear what the characters were saying.

That is just my opinion and I have tried my best to be helpful, whether anyone agrees or takes it in is a different matter.

No, thanks for the reply, I understand some of your points. It is supposed to be grotesque hence Ethel etc. Only just stumbled upon this site and feedback like this really helps, cheers.

Thanks for the kind reply :)