Who is this comic?

A while ago I was listening to Radio 4 or BBC7, I can't remember the name of the show.

The comic in question did a cover of the song 'Teenage Dirtbag', alternating between the voices/styles of Tom Waits and David Bowie.

I offer the prize of 100 internets to the person who can identify either the comic or show in question.

Thanks

Earl Okin does a bossa nova version?

Quote: Tony Cowards @ February 10 2011, 12:47 PM GMT

Earl Okin does a bossa nova version?

I'll check it out. This guy was singing a few lines doing a really funny Tom Waits impression, then the following lines as Bowie. It was really good and very funny to hear the contrasting styles.

The only other act I can think of who might do that is long time Barry Cryer collaborator, Ronnie Golden.

Do you have any other info about the act or the show?

Quote: Tony Cowards @ February 10 2011, 12:57 PM GMT

The only other act I can think of who might do that is long time Barry Cryer collaborator, Ronnie Golden.

Do you have any other info about the act or the show?

I'm afraid I don't. I'll check out Ronnie Golden. I'm pretty sure I've heard the show a couple of times so I suspect BBC 7s comedy club timeslot is where I heard it.

sorry for delay!

Ronnie Golden; show was "4 at the store", series 2 ep 3. First broadcast 10th Jan 2002.

Currently on iplayer until Feb 5th 2017 (must have been repeated; i heard it on iplayer radio yesterday!)

Take care,

A.