Anyone seen an original 'Office' script?

I posted a comment about that this in another thread, but i think most people missed it.

The published scripts of the The Office appear to be just transcripts of the TV shows rather than the actual scripts, since the dialogue is exactly the same. Has anyone here got or seen an original script. I'm curious to know how much was improvised or cut out.

Well, they say there was no improvising. Although it was written in a style which seemed improvised.

I don't think there was any, apart from from Gervais - or so the outtakes suggest.

Gervais said everything was written. I remember him asking Larry David how much was written in Curb and David said, "most of it was improvised wasn't it the same with the office?" and the look on Gervais's face was of total shock and disappointment before saying, "no every word was written".

I think he was more disappointed that Larry hadn't written all his own stuff, rather than disappointed that Larry thought he hadn't.

If I was directing or acting in something then I would encourage improvisation but if not then I would probably write in the script all the things that should be performed like pauses, looks, winks etc.

I think Curb is much funnier than the Office but the Office has a better storyline running through it. As for the acting you can tell that the Office is written while curb is improvised but it doesn't make any difference to the enjoyment of both shows.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I believe Gervais when he says it was all written - but there must have been cutting. Even without re-watching it, the published scripts read like a transcript. I suppose I'd like to know what was cut out, how it was tightened etc. But then again I don't really care that much :)

Quote: zooo @ May 30, 2007, 7:28 PM

I think he was more disappointed that Larry hadn't written all his own stuff, rather than disappointed that Larry thought he hadn't.

Thats what I meant.