ShoePie's Christmas Special 2010

Hello! I hope you enjoy this little video I made!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xXAAdlDsik

This isn't LIVE live yet so if you spot anything wrong. Particularly audio too quiet/loud or video pausing/bad resolution, please let me know.

Merry Christmas!!! :)

Does what it says on the tin, and nicely animated.

Merry Christmas, ShoePie! :)

If we're judging the quality of the animation, it looks great to me.

If we're taking the great animation for granted (as a 'real' audience will) and judging the comedy, the idea of Santa using penguins for 10-pin bowling is a funny idea but you could make it a lot funnier.

If you want to make it seriously funny, you should have Santa use a plain undecorated snowball and, after the strike, it rolls back towards him with a penguin's face, arms, etc sticking out of it.

Now, THAT's comedy!

:D

Quote: Veronica Vestibule @ December 5 2010, 12:55 PM GMT

you should have Santa use a plain undecorated snowball and, after the strike, it rolls back towards him with a penguin's face, arms, etc sticking out of it.

:D That would be very funny!

Looks good. Like the twitching penguin attention top stuff mate.

Quote: Gavin @ December 5 2010, 4:34 PM GMT

Looks good. Like the twitching penguin attention top stuff mate.

Cheers Gav. I spent ages animating all the Penguins but it's blink and you miss it. Should have been a slow-mo replay! :)

Animation: great. Idea: ancient.

There are zillions of 'penguin bowling' spot cartoons, games and animations all over the web - almost identical to this.

So, it's a thumbs-down from me.

Quote: don rushmore @ December 5 2010, 5:58 PM GMT

Animation: great. Idea: ancient.

Yes, that's a valid point. I went with this idea because I knew it would push me to learn new skills (3D + Physics simulation), whilst doubling up as this years Xmas sketch. This project was more focussed on the implementation.

Oh and thanks about the animation :)

Anymore feedback before I let this one drop off Active threads? :)

Great implementation!! Looks really good..nice one!

Thanks Hounds of Czar.

I've just learnt how to make explosions so looks like I'll be blowing up the Easter Bunny for the next one.

Happy Christmas!

Very good. My family all enjoyed it.
It may not be an original idea but Christmas is all about repeats isn't it?

Thanks Loopey

Quote: Loopey @ December 24 2010, 11:03 AM GMT

It may not be an original idea but Christmas is all about repeats isn't it?

Lol, I'm using that as my defence from now on! :D