Ecstasy

This is a monologue i did a while back...comedic one though

A YOUNG MAN AROUND 20 WHO FANCIES HIMSELF AS A BIT OF A JOKER IS SITTING IN A CHAIR IN FRONT OF A CAMERA AND IS ANSWERING A QUESTION FROM AN INTERVIEWER

MAN:
What do I think of when you say ecstasy? That’s a tricky one, you could say that’s not Eeeeasy! (laughs to himself and then tries to explain the joke) cause of the drug.
(there is a silence as he stares at interviewer and is obviously told to continue answering)
First thing I think of is the drug, that’s why I did that joke just then for you…didn’t get it…obviously or else you would be rolling around on the floor…because of laughter not just because you were in to that because that would be a little too weird, though if you were in to all that then that’s your decision, free will and all that jazz. But joking aside, I suppose you want a proper serious thought on ecstasy not just a comedian coming on here and making you laugh non-stop. So I will tell you a story about my auntie Kelly who used to dabble in the old E…four leaf clover…XTC. Yeah she couldn’t get off the stuff, was out of her face 24/7 except on Sundays because she was a big church person, loved god, loved all that. She took a little too much one day though and well sadly (emotional) she…(sighs) she…went to hospital, (cheers up) was fine though, turns out she hadn’t actually over dosed at all she just fell asleep but we all over reacted,(smirks) we should have known cause it was Sunday…but the clocks went back the night before so obviously we were adapting to the change. She died a week later though, this time it was an overdose but we thought she was sleeping, like the boy that cried wolf. There’s a lesson there for kid’s…don’t sleep in all day long because in the end you will pay the price. Of course it isn’t just ecstasy the drug, ecstasy also means happiness. So does gay (sniggers like a child) and of course everyone has a right to be happy. This kind of ecstasy could be because of all sorts, possibly you just won the lotto, perhaps you just had your first child, or maybe you have just taken ecstasy so you are in ecstasy. See what I’ve done there. The happiest time in my life was probably when…I met the love of my life, Lucinda. I didn’t want to go out with her at first because well she was called Lucinda but I thought why not. I’m telling you I will never find love like that again, it was at school. We ate lunch together, we copied each others work and we had real chemistry. The first time we met she bought me a kit-kat at lunch time as I forgot mine and from then on we hit it off, I mean nowadays a kit-kat may seem lousy but bare in mind she was only 8…oh and so was I. I’m not some pervert. And then she left me…for Craig (gets downbeat) apparently his work was better than mine and he bought her a tip-top, the rich tosser. I always held on to hope that someday you know, possibly we would get back together but one day (fights back tears)…I left my coat in the cloakroom so I went back to get it and there they were walking out the exit…holding hands. I’m sorry I can’t do this anymore (storms away in tears)