TV Show Synopsis

Sorry guys bit of a break from usual comedy syuff just looking for a bit of feed back on this synopsis of my animated sitcom. Alwyas nice to get a fresh pair of eyes on it. Wave

Newman is an animated sitcom about the modern family, which focuses on a family of four. There is the father, Michael (Mike) a narcissistic, sarcastic, alcoholic, lazy, anti hero. Formally a brilliant mind Michael has been exiled from the entertainment industry to and now lives in the country, after his former wife cheated on him with his under study the pair decided to move to the country and leave the lights and the fame behind them. Unfortunately Mike was again the victim of a ploy as Scarlet and the estate agent conned him out of his fortune on a piece of national trust land which he cannot built on, Scarlet left him for the rich estate agent and he is forced to make a new life. The mother, Sara, who holds a full time job and somehow manages to keep the family together. She is an ideal mother and wife even with the strains of work and keeping the house, she always does what she thinks is best for her family. Fiercely loyal to her sometime less then affectionate husband Sara can see the good in him when no one else can. Hannah daddy’s little girl, she has her father wrapped around her little finger. Hannah is pretty but wants to be as popular as the other girl in school and schemes ways to the top she is quite angry with her rival Jenny who seems to have it all and plans her down fall. Lance is the youngest son and is full of life and vigour. He constantly yearns for his fathers attention which concerns Mike because he doesn’t remember being so clingy when he was that age. Lance is naïve and is often used by Hannah to achieve results in her schemes; Lance is a Keen hockey player and supports the local team.
Along with a massive supporting cast including the Megalomaniac Mayor and his council of villains, Big Pete the homosexual police officer and Michaels money hungry ex wife Scarlet the family get into many adventures which threaten to break them and their town apart.

Have you got lots of story lines in mind? Also are you the animator too?

The things is of course there are loads of "family" cartoons - Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill, American Dad etc. How will this differ? English/Welsh instead of US?

Anyway good luck. May be able to offer some contributions at some point.

I have 2 series worth of episodes in my head lol I am an animator but I found that writing, animating, directing and producting was abit beyond my particular mental capacity so I hired our very own mr Scott to do me some character sheets and they are fantastic...If I do say so myself.

I always thought this would be different to the Simpsons and Family guy becuase the characters have quite intresting histories and that guides their actions now were as family guy is in reality a sketch show. I think it feels alot more "British" if thats a good thing I yet to see.

But thanks David for giving me things to address in the pitch.

I was always a bit of an Artist but thought the whole idea of animation extremely daunting. How many images per minute?

I do like the idea of Britishness - I remember one a few years ago although the name as usual escapes me. A bit like Family Guy.

Anyway good luck.

Usually 25fps it's all in glorious 3D :) is it stressed Eric your thinking of?

if anyones intrested the complete concept is here note: the brief is a synopsis no longer then 1 A4 sheet

http://www.greenmanmedia.co.uk/concept.jpg

Yes - that's it.

That was a bit hit and miss. Wasn't Morwenna in that along with other famous people?

I'm not sure to be honest, it was funny but not consitently good to justify the amount spent on production. But thats the world I bet given a bit more time it would of found its feet