MovieMash

F**king dire. I've quite a bit of time for some of the performers, but I can't think of anything positive to say about this abomination.

Yes, dire.

Why is all the footage of actors so old? Is it to do with not having to pay for it or something??

Might be that the various companies are more protective of stuff from modern films; plus they always have massive posters advertising the film behind them. Maybe they're also now a lot more slick in the production so as to avoid those kind of slip-ups that can be edited like that?

Any attempt at humour aside, it was quite off putting, the fact that every actor was clearly filmed about ten or fifteen years ago.

It wasn't that bad. The interview stuff wasn't that funny, but the sketches were okay.

The Danny DeVito interview was funny.

Quote: Timbo @ April 25 2010, 12:24 AM BST

It wasn't that bad. The interview stuff wasn't that funny, but the sketches were okay.

Such as the one inserting a black guy into old films; yeah, that was amazing. Huh?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 25 2010, 10:54 AM BST

Such as the one inserting a black guy into old films; yeah, that was amazing. Huh?

I thought it was quite a clever take on colourising old films. Execution could maybe have been sharper, but it was a funny idea.

Quote: Timbo @ April 25 2010, 11:00 AM BST

I thought it was quite a clever take on colourising old films. Execution could maybe have been sharper, but it was a funny idea.

Funny idea perhaps, but it certainly didn't end up a funny sketch.

The Frankenstein bit made me laugh.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 25 2010, 11:07 AM BST

Funny idea perhaps, but it certainly didn't end up a funny sketch.

Nor was it original.

Although I don't recall where I've seen it before.

I thought the programme was excellent, even for those without a deeper film knowledge. It doesn't matter if the interviews used are over two weeks old, the personalities of the actors/directors are the same today and public perception of their personas, which is well reflected by the inserted interviewers, hasn't changed that much. The anti-racism attempt to insert two dimensional representations of black people into restricted films was as demeaning and unrealistic as representations of black people (butlers or tap dancers), in such films themselves, showing a greater understanding of the subject in the program writing.

I can accept that this humour might not be to the liking of some but to describe it as "dire" without saying why seems like a sweeping statement and is difficult to understand or ague with. Compared to 90% of what is shovelled and reshovelled as "humour" on most channels these days I thought this was extremely entertaining. I would like to see the team behind MovieMash get a chance to do a series as I would like to find it wasn't just a very bright flash in the pan.

Dire. Not remotely funny. An utter chore to watch. Painful waste of 30 minutes.

Dire.