Welsh Writers Wanted

This came through to me tonight from the Writers' Guild. Perhaps everyone can cosy up to Slagg, buy him lunch and get him to vouch for your Welshness. Ah well, here are the details.

Welsh language television channel – Writers wanted

Griffilms and S4C, the Welsh language television channel, are looking for new writers and established writers to get involved in their new animation scheme (CAN). They are looking for new ideas for an animated family series for S4C and the competition is open to anyone over 18.

The deadline for ideas is May 14th and the successful authors will get to work with animators to develop their concept. All the details are on the website www.can07.com.

My mum's Welsh...

uh oh guess who's Welsh? Baumski I love you thanks for bringing it to my attention

Quote: Gavin @ April 20, 2007, 7:23 PM

Baumski I love you

Hey, steady on!

...I do apologise a temporary lapse in my man circuits

Why - what are these Welsh writers guilty of?

That reminds me I've got to exchange banter with Newport football fans tomorrow at Sutton United.

Quote: David Chapman @ April 20, 2007, 8:41 PM

Why - what are these Welsh writers guilty of?

They do very silly things with daffodils, I'm lead to believe.

Quote: zooo @ April 20, 2007, 7:21 PM

My mum's Welsh...

I'm Welsh, and so's my wife!

...Wait... Ah.

I'll vouch for anyone if they wanna claim their welsh temporarily. It'll be no problem just say "Boy-o" alot and eat raw spuds

Why on earth would we want to be Welsh temporarily? Ater all it's St George's Day on monday. Turkish knight who killed a gecko.

Laughing out loud

St George? Bah! we got a saint that killed a giant Leek or something like that

:D

We've got one who was bitten on the arse by a giant thistle. Scotland

Thanks for the Heads-up Baumski.

Makes a change for a competition to be Welsh, normally it's all BBC and Northern writer comps.

How about a family into S+M called the Gimpsons?

I assume they mean a family rated animation rather than an animation based on a family.

I think we should replace our Patron Saints. Any ideas? Maybe we should start a new thread...