Antique Road Show

Antique Road Show- Sketch

EXT. MOTORWAY SERVICES. DAY

AN ANTIQUE TYPE PRESENTER(?) IS STANDING IN THE CAR PARK OF THE MOTORWAY SERVICES.

Hugh

Hello and welcome to the Antique Road Show, this week from the services on the M2 near Gillingham so without further ado, let’s go straight over to our resident expert, David Tatty.

CUT TO DAVID WHO IS STANDING ON THE PATH OF A REASONABLY BUSY ROAD IN TOWN WITH A PUNTER.

David

This is a wonderful example of a classic design and the condition is very good although there has obviously been some restoration work. I think once you could get below the restored layers here, you would see the original surface. Have you any idea of its age?

Punter

None at all. I was hoping you would tell me.

David

Well, it could date back to the Romans but judging by this beautiful sweeping bend, I would say probably early to mid nineteenth century and judging by the markings, probably made by a team of Irish manufacturers who did a lot of this type of work. Do you have insurance?

Punter

Just third party fire and theft.

David

I would consider fully comp. And any idea on value?

Punter

Not really David. I’m just happy to be able to look at it everyday.

David

Well thank you for sharing it with us. (To camera) Hugh.

Hugh

Well that’s all for this week. Next week, we’ll be at Newport Pagnell looking at some impressive kerbs and hard shoulders.

BUMP. Is it that bad?

:D I liked it personally I'd cut out hugh and get straight into action with David explaining were they are it'll flow nicer and production wise is cheaper...which is what we like