Delayed salutations!

Wave

How we doing all?

Lovely day to be on the computer int it?

Just thought i'd say hello now that I have something more complete to post for your consideration. In the eyes of the good Mark and Aaron, I've been 'lurking' about like a hoodie not contributing a jot to your society - that is until now!

Writing wise what I'm really interested in is mixing subtle reactionary moments with visual stuff. Add a sprinkling of emotional resonance. Give people a reason to watch the next one.. Viola! Well, thats the idea anyway, hmm, wish it was that easy!!

Just finished reading the full Alan Partridge scripts, what struck me was the blend of dialogue detail and visceral humour (who can forget the shrine to Alan?) which was consistently put out by the team. Great yardstick for modern comedy for me.

I've now finished the first episode of my sitcom based in a barbers on the south coast. 50 pages on the beeb format. What do i know about my chosen subject? Luckily, my mum doesn't cut my hair so I've been frequenting barbershops every 6 weeks for well over a decade now! You pick up ideas!

The setting is more of a vehicle for the characters, allowing the main man in particular to spout his twisted logic at the punters.

Of course, i'd like some commentary from people! So will stick on a few scenes later for you all..

Nice to finally clear the throat and get involved here anyway!

PS.
Anyone know if Desmond is still alive for a brief cameo?!

Alright fella, glad to see you've come out of the shadows at last.

Alright R'Kid how you doing looking foward to reading your stuff

First the good news, This is a great site welcome.

The bad news Norman Beaton is long gone, died back in 94

Norman Beaton. Empire Road. Bombs over Slough. That was John Betjemen wasn't it.

Welcome Lewis (I've done my research).

A great sight for meeting like-minded folk and discussing humour so you have chosen well!

As for the "good Mark and Aaron".....erm.......I would reserve judgement on that one. It is all a facade, an act, a false impression eeeeven (I'm begining to sound like Snagglepuss here). Don't let them fool you!

P.S. If either Mark or Aaron happen to read this post you know I'm only kidding.....(right!?).

Andy W

;o)

Just realised..this is my 200th post!

Happy 200th post to me,
Happy 200th post to me,
Happy 200th post to me-ee-eeee,
Happy 200th post to me.

Welcome! Look forward to reading your sitcom excerpt, sounds intriguing.

Andy, you da man!! Whooo! Whoo! Whoo! (I'm also doing that rolling the rock action!)

Greetings all!

Indeed its a Betjemen ode that i couldn't resist as my own ode to The Office on here.

This is a top site from what i've seen, so ill do me best on my way to 200 postings et al!

Shame about the passing of the most famous barber on screen to date. I guess its up to me to carve out the next one then eh (no i don't count Ice Cube)

Post some tonight anyway, cheers..

Welcome to the site Lewis, we've been expecting you. Don't be afraid, we won't hurt you.

Quote: bombs over slough @ April 17, 2007, 7:48 PM

I've now finished the first episode of my sitcom based in a barbers on the south coast. 50 pages on the beeb format. What do i know about my chosen subject? Luckily, my mum doesn't cut my hair so I've been frequenting barbershops every 6 weeks for well over a decade now! You pick up ideas!

The setting is more of a vehicle for the characters, allowing the main man in particular to spout his twisted logic at the punters.

Sounds a bit like Time Gentlemen Please in a barbers! Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, of course.

Quote: Andy W. @ April 18, 2007, 1:38 PM

As for the "good Mark and Aaron".....erm.......I would reserve judgement on that one. It is all a facade, an act, a false impression eeeeven (I'm begining to sound like Snagglepuss here). Don't let them fool you!

P.S. If either Mark or Aaron happen to read this post you know I'm only kidding.....(right!?).

You cheeky f**king bastard.

Quote: Baumski @ April 18, 2007, 3:31 PM

Welcome to the site Lewis, we've been expecting you. Don't be afraid, we won't hurt you.

I'm Michael Howard...

Oh, and of course, welcome! :)

(And "bombs over slough"? Be my guest.)