The Death of Comedy Soup RIP.

Had an email off BBC's Comedy Soup, the site that spawned The Slagg Brothers' first foray into video (and I suspect a few of the other regulars here) is dead. RIP.

So much for the Beeb hot-bedding new talent. They can't be arsed to keep a small cheap website ticking over. I love the Beeb but they seem to be kicking my rose-tinted affection out of me, by increment.

I want to thank Comedy Soup for the encouragement and input they had in The Slagg Brothers' development.

Gone but not forgotten. Teary

It will be a big shame if the SOUP goes for good; I also only started filming bits and pieces because of that site. They seem to hint in the e-mail that it might not be forever, or perhaps its evolving into something else . . ? If not, then they do seem to have dumped it a bit quick, its only been going a year!

BBC have got ADD, heh.

I haven't received the email but that is a shame, I'm another person who only started making videos because of that site.

Time for an email campaign?

Me too. Bastards!

He was so young

I loved him you know

and i'm another. am very surprised especially as more and more people are looking to the internet to satisfy their comedy lust. And comedy soup, although not perfect, could have developed into a great site. what a shame. I'll sign any e-mail petition. And I'll make whomever made this decision eat it. Grrrrrrr

I looked at comedy soup and didn’t see much to it, as the Slaggs and Matt will know I'm a 4laugh veteran because it's a great place to meet liked minded people and the comps have improved loads.

They're still rotating video and audio clips on the BBC comedy homepage

Sorry to bump this up, but is it still closed because it seems to be open to me. What's the deal, yo?

they're still rotating videos but not taking any more submissions i.e. there are no more challenges and, i expect, it will be taken off line in the not too distant future.