Who gets away with the most?

Most comedians have their limits but some really push the boundaries and get away with it. Who's the worst (or the best - depends on your preference)?

Jerry Sadowitz is probably the most consistently brutal and honest comedian around.

Can't think of anyone who packs more rape jokes and paedophile jokes into an hour than Jimmy Carr

(excluding sootyj obviously)

Jimmy Carr is not a "dangerous", "controversial" or even particularly interesting comedian. He's a gag man, pure and simple. There's a difference between getting your cock out at a party to make everyone laugh and getting your cock out in a park to flash a stranger. He's definitely the former, i.e. sanitised outrageousness.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 30 2009, 12:41 AM BST

Jimmy Carr is not a "dangerous", "controversial" or even particularly interesting comedian. He's a gag man, pure and simple. There's a difference between getting your cock out at a party to make everyone laugh and getting your cock out in a park to flash a stranger. He's definitely the former, i.e. sanitised outrageousness.

And a twat.

Humph used to push the boundaries of pure filth and get away with it on I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue. I can't think of anyone else getting away with more outrageous gags on daytime radio.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 30 2009, 12:41 AM BST

He maybe brutal but he's suffered for it and doesn't get away with stuff. He only ever had the one TV series (2 seasons?) even though he maybe one of the sharpest, hardest comics out there.

I'd say getting away with stuff would be Ben Elton; faux radical to the face of the establishment and Vic and Bob. I love Vic and Bob, but they get away with loads of stuff; blacking up, sexist jokes that'd make Benny Hill wince and more.

I suppose it's because they're geniuses they get to do that.

Quote: Badge @ September 30 2009, 12:55 AM BST

Humph used to push the boundaries of pure filth and get away with it on I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue. I can't think of anyone else getting away with more outrageous gags on daytime radio.

Ah the noble double entendre the Scarlet Pimpernel of gags.

Quote: sootyj @ September 30 2009, 6:56 AM BST

I'd say getting away with stuff would be Ben Elton; faux radical to the face of the establishment and Vic and Bob. I love Vic and Bob, but they get away with loads of stuff; blacking up, sexist jokes that'd make Benny Hill wince and more.

I suppose it's because they're geniuses they get to do that.

I think they get away with stuff because there's no malice to or target of their silliness.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 30 2009, 9:31 AM BST

I think they get away with stuff because there's no malice to or target of their silliness.

Yeah. They're not 'getting away' with anything, to me, because they're not trying to.

Depends exactly what you mean by pushing boundaries or getting away witth it.

I guess Frankie Boyle and Chris Morris should get a mention.

I agree actually maybe getting away with isn't the right phrase, I was thinking about people like Frankie Boyle there aren't many comedians out there who make other comedians cringe with there comments.

Quote: sootyj @ September 30 2009, 6:56 AM BST

If you're saying that Benny Hill was sexist, you're highlighting your own breathtaking ignorance of his work.

Quote: Aaron @ October 1 2009, 5:15 AM BST

If you're saying that Benny Hill was sexist, you're highlighting your own breathtaking ignorance of his work.

I'm happy to be ignorant along with the millions many of whom were great comedians who think this. He was a great comic and like Manning et al makes you wonder why he just didn't adapt the bits of his act that were really good.

As for Vic and Bob loved Shooting Stars yesterday. But boy anyone else would have had their knuckles rapped for some one of their gags.