Fringe 2009

Is anyone else going to the Fringe this year? If you are going to it here is a bit of advice which I learned just today. If you pay to become a "Friend of the Fringe" now (£6 per person) you can book your tickets now. My dad has done it for himself, my brother and I, and we now have our tickets before they go on sale to the public, thus avoiding the nightmare of a box office that the Fringe has.

I'm going to see two recordings of Just a Minute, The Unbelievable Truth, Mark Watson, Mark Thomas, Frank Skinner's Credit Crunch Cabaret and The Early Edition. Including the cost of the train journeys up to Edinburgh and back to Darlington for two days, the entire thing costs me just over £100.

Yes! It is my first fringe this year and I'm going up for just over a week. I am very excited. I too have tickets for Mark Watson AND I'm also from Darlington... Thanks for the heads up about being a 'Friend Of The Fringe' :)

Thanks for the tip although I was too late and it's now officially a 'free for all'!

I've just received my Fringe guide (all 288 pages of it).

I want to see about 30 shows so far which might be a bit tricky in five days...

Quote: pirate_joe @ June 16 2009, 11:37 PM BST

Yes! It is my first fringe this year and I'm going up for just over a week. I am very excited. I too have tickets for Mark Watson AND I'm also from Darlington... Thanks for the heads up about being a 'Friend Of The Fringe' :)

That's alright - and welcome to the BCG forums. Pleased

SHAMELESS PLUG

If you're up there, why not check my mate (if-nominated) Paul Sinha's new Edinburgh show, 39 Years Of Solitude? You can get more info at paulsinha.com or find him on my space as well. :)

Why do they have it in Edinburgh?

Wouldn't it be better to have it in the MIDDLE of Britain?

Bristol would suit me better. (The inconsiderate bastards.)

Or Worthing, West Sussex. lol :P

It's bad enough getting a train to London, let alone Scotland.

Thank you for the tip. I can't wait for this year it is going to be great. I am there from Friday August 21st until Wednesday 26th, fly home and straight to Reading festival.

Anyone wanting to meet for a drink we should most definitly.

This looks pretty good: http://www.edfringe.com/ticketing/detail.php?id=15226

Quote: Ladma @ June 18 2009, 10:53 PM BST

This looks pretty good: http://www.edfringe.com/ticketing/detail.php?id=15226

"Come and see our show please" would have worked just fine.

Quote: Griff @ June 18 2009, 10:57 PM BST

Ooh Paul Sinha's playing Guilfest I think, I might make the effort to go and chuck a bottle of piss at him see him then.

Knowing Paul, piss might be less unwelcome than you'd imagine. (I used to go to Guilfest when I lived Guildford/Farncombe way. Always good fun.)

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 17 2009, 9:55 AM BST

SHAMELESS PLUG

If you're up there, why not check my mate (if-nominated) Paul Sinha's new Edinburgh show, 39 Years Of Solitude

You must be very honoured to have someone performing your life.

Quote: Aaron @ June 18 2009, 11:30 PM BST

"Come and see our show please" would have worked just fine.

Yes, I thought it would be pretty obvious it was tongue in cheek. I didn't want to fall into the common trap of employing too much exposition.

Quote: Morrace @ June 19 2009, 12:00 AM BST

You must be very honoured to have someone performing your life.

Another example of the golden age of wit.