Can you identify this sitcom?

I was in Holland for a few months back at the start of the century. The TV picked up BBC. One show really grabbed my attention, but I don't remember the name.

The show is about a young, good looking, man who gets ahead in life by lying, cheating and taking credit for the work of others (usually his staff). The setting in an office and, no, it's not "The Office." The fellow has two key people working for him: a slightly pudgy young male intern and an Indian woman. The guy's boss, an older man, is equally horrible. The anti-hero gets himself into all sorts of predicaments that should have been the end for mere mortals; yet, though sheer luck, manages to come out shining. The show is terribly politically incorrect.

One episode involves a key employee learning that he did not go to the prestigious college he claimed on his resume. She hears a boss discussing how the school invited the boss to speak (or something) and the employee suggests that maybe the anti-hero should address the boys - seeing as he was an old boy. The boss agrees and anti-hero is cornered. Somehow, at the end of the show after his speech, the boys are carrying the anti-hero on their shoulders, cheering and the employee is totally bewildered as to what just happened.

To give you an idea of as to the sort of humor, the anti-hero is in the boss's office. The old guy is telling him about the new, um, performance enhancement drug he'd recently acquired. He admits to taking one and and claims "Why, I have the erection of a seventeen year old!" (or something like that).

To which our anti-hero quips "Well, let's hope he doesn't want it back!"

What is this show? Equally important, is it available on DVD?

Isn't it that Paul Kaye sitcom? Perfect World?

See Amazon product listing

(Coming soon to DVD by the looks of it)

Yes, it is definitely Perfect World. To be more specific, it's the inferior second series.

A DVD release was scheduled for last September, but nothing has happened. It has since been removed from Play.com, so you're in for a long wait if you don't have the means to acquire it from less legitimate sources.

See Amazon product listing

Yeah, that's it! I never saw the supermodel girlfriend though. Thanks, gang!

No worries. :)

Quote: LJez @ March 29 2009, 9:59 PM BST

Yeah, that's it! I never saw the supermodel girlfriend though. Thanks, gang!

IIRC, she was only in one episode (the first, I thiiiink) of the first series.