Aussie Doc. and the English patient

Hi,

I've just finished my latest animation project so I thought it's time for a little plug and some feedback :)

http://www.shoepie.co.uk/15/index.php

Pieman

I loved the 'anyone you'd like to call' line. I won't give any spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet.

Great animation ... yet again. Have you put this in for the C4 competition?

You know Chris Lumb?

ShoePie marches on.

Thanks for the reply Mr Slag, I'm glad you liked it.

I'm hoping to knock up something else quick and python-esque for the C4 comp as this video probably doesn't meet their guidlines. I think Yielding has a couple of funny entries in so far, but I haven't looked at anyone elses.

I didn't know Chris before seeing his videos on Comedy Soup but the power of the internet strikes again!!

Unfortunately today it's more like ShoePie wheezes on with a chesty cough!!! Hopefully I'll be fit enough to march next week!

I always look forward to some ShoePie, that was great mate.

Was very good indeed and much the same and the medical advise I give :D

Looking foward to the next one

G'Day Shoe - your animations are gettin' better in my opinion. Not a bad Aussie accent either.

Keep em comin'

Andy W

Thanks for the comments! Now the pressure's on to make the next one better! :)

I'm glad you think they're getting better though! The plan's for 5 or 6 more of these and then hopefully I'm going to be good enough to make a short film for festivals. Seems like it might be a good way to get a foot in.

Hi Shoe

Very good. I like the look of these and I think your Aussie Doc has potential to command quite a few more outings.

On a practical note. I'm not very techy. I was wondering how long in man-hours approx it takes to work something like this up; not the writing just the animation and voicing?

Thanks, yeah Aussie Doc will hopefully return. A joke I forgot to put in was to have it ending with a blank screen and the words "Aussie Doc will return in Doctorpussy"

Voices can be recorded in about an hour on a camcorder, and another hour to edit the dialog. Although I didn't record the voices for this one myself.

This animation took about 15 hours over two weeks. The most time consuming part (80%) is drawing the characters and rigging them, e.g. configuring bones for animating the limbs. But now I've made the characters I could re-use them for more animations and save lots of time.

bump