Hey fatty

This is a topical sketch I wrote ages ago... when I was "starting out".

SCENE - LIVING ROOM INT. MAN COMES BURSTING IN HIS FRONT DOOR WITH A VERY WORRIED LOOK IN HIS FACE.

WIFE – Honey, what’s wrong?

HUSBAND DOESN’T EVEN LOOK AT THE WIFE. STARING OUT THE WINDOW. VERY SUSPICIOUS AND NERVOUS

HUSBAND – Don’t you read the papers! There’s an obesity crisis. 23% of people in Britain are now obese! Well I can assure you of one thing our family isn’t going to be one of them!

WIFE – Oh don’t be silly it cant be that many.

HUSBAND – Don’t be ridiculous the papers wouldn’t lie or blow this out of proportion. That’s not like the media.

HUSBAND FINALLY TURNS ROUND TO SEE HIS WIFE AND KIDS ARE OBESE. HE STANDS THERE SHOCKED.

WIFE – Yes I suppose your right. Who wants dinner… deep-fried?

KIDS RAISE THERE HANDS.

KID#1 – me!

KID#2 – me!

MAN – What? When did this happen… you're all obese!

WIFE – you silly goose, we’ve always been like this.

HUSBAND – No, this isn’t right, this isn’t right at all! Kids you're going on a diet starting from now!

KID#1 – but dad I don’t want to go on a diet besides, I can’t open an orange.

HUSBAND – that’s all right their going to be teaching that in schools soon kids! You’re going to be saved… by our government.

THE HUSBAND PASSES BOTH KIDS AN APPLE. ONE BASHES IT INTO HIS EYE. THE OTHER CHILD MERELY LICKS IT. BOTH STOP. NOT LOOKING IMPRESSED.

WIFE – That’s enough George you’re scaring our children! We're going to McDonalds. Come on kids drop that junk and get in the car.

KIDS SMILE WITH INTENT LOOKING WEIRDED OUT AT THEIR DAD, WIFE SLAMS THE DOOR. HUSBAND RUNS UPTO THE DOOR.

HUSBAND – (shouts) At least order the salad!

WIFE – (screams back) sort it out George! When I get back I expect you to be eating something that will damage at least two of your vital organs!

HUSBAND DROPS TO HIS KNEES.

HUSBAND – Noooooo!!!

END.

I can kind of visualise this and think with the help of some OTT acting it will play out better then it reads in the written form, for me anyway it doesn't do it justice but I'm sure you have a much more vivid picture in you head of how it will go.

I'm also reading it fresh and with a clear mind so did notice the odd typo and think there was a "How" in there when you meant "Who" plus you also have to be careful with "Your" and "You’re" but as I'm the world's worse for typos, I know how easily it is done and then overlooked when proofreading you own work.....I even typed that word once as poofreading!

I can still see it though and especially liked the apples gags, so nice one. :)

Thanks for the feedback and highlighting those errors.... I do get very annoyed at myself when I make grammatical or spelling errors.

*Beats himself with an oxford dictionary*

I can assure you Paul that we all do it and more often than not it's not so much that you don't know how to spell and just a case of hitting the wrong keys, but that's what the edit feature is for eh? :)

So don't be too hard on yourself and maybe we should start a support group for safety in numbers.....al crep tipists uf teh wurld untie!

Oh that and reminds me of that one about why is the word dictionary in the dictionary? Whistling nnocently

Bump