The hills have dais

If you want to laugh out loud and still have a sense of humour overthe age of 40 try the free extract on line at amazon of my first comedy short story book....the hills have dais by boz....other stories and books available on eBay and ebid...if you like a cross between the legendary spike Milligan and Tom sharpe....check them out....boz

The link is http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hills-Have-Dais-Boz/dp/3854380895/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1359403478&sr=1-1%C2%A0

Moved to Showcase. :)

Boz was Charles Dickens' first pen name, so you're setting yourself a pretty high standard. Whistling nnocently

Good luck with it.

Quote: gappy @ March 13 2013, 9:11 AM GMT

Boz was Charles Dickens' first pen name, so you're setting yourself a pretty high standard. Whistling nnocently

Good luck with it.

Thanks....glad to see someone knows what the dickens I am on about...cheers boz

An observation really. £11.70 for 84 pages seems excessive. Is there a kindle version? If not I'd advise you to produce one.

Quote: Rob H @ March 16 2013, 9:50 AM GMT

An observation really. £11.70 for 84 pages seems excessive. Is there a kindle version? If not I'd advise you to produce one.

You could always opt for a second-hand one at £12.

Seriously though, is that the genuine price, or a cock up?

Thanks for the observations....I agree that the price is excessive...it was a charge levied by the publishers ...they get Ten pounds and I get a pound....but as a hobby writer they set the price....I just wanted to get it out there...it was my first attempt...the same vanity publisher wanted to charge me around two hundred pounds for the kindle privilege ....guess what my reply was? ...I will wait for the three year contract to expire and sell the kindle version to amazon directly myself....hope you took the time to enjoy the free extract.....boz

Yikes!
A three year contract?
Is there no way you can get out of it?
i should start writing something else and self-publish next time.

Good luck with it

Thanks...I have another 135 short stories but will steer clear of that lot...like any writer I just want the stories to be read....at least two unconnected persons have bought it....so I hope they wil have enjoyed them whatever the price....like most things in life it is all about enjoyment.....my self published volumes are on ebid at a much reduced price...take a peak and let me know what you think ....I appreciate any feedback....boz

Quote: Boz1964 @ March 18 2013, 6:24 PM GMT

Thanks for the observations....I agree that the price is excessive...it was a charge levied by the publishers ...they get Ten pounds and I get a pound....but as a hobby writer they set the price....I just wanted to get it out there...it was my first attempt...the same vanity publisher wanted to charge me around two hundred pounds for the kindle privilege ....guess what my reply was? ...I will wait for the three year contract to expire and sell the kindle version to amazon directly myself....hope you took the time to enjoy the free extract.....boz

>_< The swindling gits!

Thank you rob...but not bringing out a kindle version...is their loss...I do appreciate your input...boz

What on earth were you thinking.

I don't want to piss on your already sodden chips but, having just read the first few pages, the publishers really have done you no favours.
There are typos, missing words and formatting errors all over the shop.
For that sort of money they really should have included some sort of proof-reading service.

There's a wealth of info about self-publishing out there, including the naming and shaming of dodgy publishers - it's all just a Google away - well worth a few hours research.

I agree with Lazzard. In fact, I'd go as far to say that if it's possible I'd have the book removed altogether. Not only is it full of errors but it's the price, and the only people apart from family and friends who are going to buy a book at that price with so few pages are people who haven't noticed until it's too late.
I know you want your book out there but do you really want your only customers to be completely disappointed once they receive it. It's really not worth it for a couple of pounds, imo.

Slightly hijacking the OP's thread - but if you visit the publishers web site, you can see how you would be drawn in.
On the surface they are offering zero-cost publishing!?
I'd love to know how they actually make their money, as it certainly won't be from book sales.