NJ Dog TV

Any feedback on this sketch is appreciated!

JUSTINA new channel has just launched in the Israel named Dog TV. It offers entertainment tailored especially for canines, which means endless repeats of Lassie and Dog the Bounty Hunter. With us now are two representatives of the channel, Princess and Mr. Cuddles as well as their translator.

FXDOG BARK

TRANSLATORMr. Cuddles says he'd rather be addressed by his nickname Steve.

JUSTINNow, how hard is it to create entertainment for your kind? What sort of obstacles did you face when developing the channel?

FXDOG BARKS

TRANSLATORWell the main problem was coming up with clever dog puns such as The Magic Hound-about and Game of Bones. Adding subtitles to existing shows was also troublesome.

JUSTINYes, I was watching a show on the channel last night in order to see what the subtitles were like and it they just seemed to be the word 'woof' repeated hundreds and hundreds of times...

FXDOG BARKS

TRANSLATORPrincess would like to say that our current subtitles are still very basic.

JUSTINPrincess being the one who is currently trying to catch her own tail?

TRANSLATOR(WHISPERED) No Princess, that's a bad Princess!

JUSTINCan you actually speak to these dogs? Do they even represent the channel?

TRANSLATOROf course they do, look they're wearing cute little bowties!

FXDOG BARKS

TRANSLATORNo wait, Steve, come back!

FXGROWLING

JUSTINOh god, he's attacking the intern.

TRANSLATORI'm so sorry, we didn't have for his belly rub this morning and he's a little cranky.

JUSTINNewsjack will return shortly as soon as we sort out some...

FXSCREAMING

JUSTIN...technical difficulties.

END

I too did the Dog TV...enjoyed reading yours and I liked the clever approach of having a translator. Not sure they would have ever gone for an interview with a dog but good to see I'm not the only one thinking it perfectly normal!

Edited as I should have probably put mine on a separate thread :)

I Enjoyed this one. :D