New comedy stage play search

Can anyone recommend a modern published stage play suitable for young actors?
I am trying to find a piece of solo acting for my nephew. He has an audition for National Youth Theatre next month.
Something new, edgy and not done to death...
He is 16, and has great comedy timing and ability..
Apologies this is not the usual ask, but your suggestions would be HUGELY APPRECIATED..

Do you know how long a piece he has to perform? Will a sketch do, or does it have to be a scene from something larger?

No longer than two minutes..
Audition piece must be from a published play.
A monologue, so unfortunately a sketch doesn't fit their criteria..
My request is a real shot in the dark
so thank you in advance for even considering a reply :)

Wow! love your home page heee hee
certainly brightened up my miserable day in January!

Quote: gift of the gabby @ January 10 2013, 2:05 PM GMT

No longer than two minutes..
Audition piece must be from a published play.
A monologue, so unfortunately a sketch doesn't fit their criteria..
My request is a real shot in the dark
so thank you in advance for even considering a reply :)

Wow! love your home page heee hee
certainly brightened up my miserable day in January!

Thank you very much!

Sorry though, but I don't know enough theatre to be able to help with your query. Perhaps someone else will come along and offer some suggestions. Guys?

How about something from The Vagina Monologues, no-one will be expecting that

Replies around here are not hard to come by.

I don't think it needs to be particularly suitable for children as such, just that your nephew understand it. What about characters from play adaptions of classical novels? Probably the more obscure the better...

Amazon would probably have what he's looking for, I believe that auditionees are asked questions about the whole play...

Mutley... Hey! I'm ALL FOR 'thinking outside the box'

Tim... following up your suggestion, thanks for that.

Tom Stoppard's Arcadia? Great play, intriguing and edgy parts, relatively recent (for a play), although rather well known in theatrical circles but I have no idea how often it's used to audition. Doesn't he have a drama teacher or mentor in the industry who should be advising on the current audition trends and which texts would best suit his abilities?

Thank you AJGO appreciate you taking the trouble..
Drama teachers roll out the same old SAFE audition pieces, so decided to bite the bullet and research myself..

Good news! found a great monologue from an exciting new play called 'POSH' by Laura Wade.