Lancing Liars

This post was deleted by author as it was found to contain a small error in relation to Victorian drug usage.

The author is now currently in consultation with pharmaceutical historians in order to rectify matters and this post may return if said errors can be amended.

Hey Terry, Nice scene you paint in the lead up, but I have no idea what the punchline is here?

Don't take this the wrong way, but to me an awful lot of these sketches involve people just shouting or arguing followed by something horrible happening to someone/something...?

Maybe it's just me, but I think you should maybe try broadening your content a little? Otherwise it gets a bit samey.

I liked the dialogue though! Had a nice rhythm to it.

unless its a refernce to the expression 'stabbed in the back'?

It relates to the main news story of the day and juxtaposed it with a romantic interpretation of a group who deemed themselves more sophisticated in their antics.

Even allowing for their pretentiousness the punchline needs to be more intelligible. Maybe:

We take great exception to your article regarding Lance Armstrong, sir. In it, you falsely claim that he lead the most sophisticated cylist doping ring ever. (beat) That honour is -ours-
(blows smoke ring)

I'd cut everything afterwards

I like "circular caper" though; maybe you could work it in earlier.

That works for me no end, good shot!

I don't think laudanum is smoked so much as swigged.

Laudanum is an opiate, but it's not opium.