What are you RETRO gaming at the moment? Page 3

:D OK, it is my son Dan at WizardGames' hope it helps...

ps like your new look!

Merci!

Holy mary. Some really nice collector quality stuff there, like. A few times out of my price range like, but very nice!

I shall go back to the boot sales. Last week I bought a Master System 2 and 12 (boxed with manual) games for £15. Now that's what I call a bobby bargain.

Quote: dellas @ June 6 2012, 8:04 AM BST

Laughing out loud Sorry Elliot, was messing with French.

However we seriously sell retro mega-drive games-all excellent- what are you interested in?....

I've got quite a list but the major one I'm after is Probotector. I think it's the best game on the system (second only to the Sonic series). ;o)

I'm also scouting for Golden Axe, Strider, Virtual Pinball, Another World, Revolution X, Mortal Kombat, Shadow of the Beast, Robocop VS Terminator, Sonic 3D... sod it... there's just too many to mention, I've not even started on NES, SNES & Mega CD yet. I'm just off to rob a bank.

Laughing out loud Good choices, but afraid some are expensive 'cos they;re excellent condition!

Too; Nat and Elliot x

Quote: dellas @ June 8 2012, 5:54 AM BST

Laughing out loud Good choices, but afraid some are expensive 'cos they;re excellent condition!

That's cool. I'd sooner pay extra for good condition then get a tatty copy on the cheap. Some of the games I already have I'll buy again just to upgrade the box or get the manual.

Before I buy any more I have to buy a new shelving unit. Most of my collection is in a pile next to my TV. Not good.

:) Most people are the same, my bed is full of newspapers and mail! scruffbag!

I'm sure I've got Shadow of the Beast. ANd possibly Golden Axe.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 8 2012, 12:20 PM BST

I'm sure I've got Shadow of the Beast. ANd possibly Golden Axe.

You have my undivided attention. ;o) Is that for your own personal collection or for sale? :O)

According to Dan we may have Shadow of the Beast 2.

I just checked and its SOTB2 for megadrive, boxed without manual.

I just found Mortal Kombat for snes up there too. I might play it later.

Currently re-playing Zelda: Majora's Mask. In my opinion the best Zelda game by far.

A hoop and a stick - plus a spinning top.

Sega 'Shenmuie' 2 brilliant.

I used to own the original Shenmue and whilst it looked great. F**k me, it was boring at times. Shifting boxes around? Like I think Tetris already mastered that style of game and it probably cost a few million yen to make as well.

It's probably already been said, but we played Golden Axe and on the Megadrive a lot. I've got two Sega handhelds in the loft...plus a Megadrive, a Saturn, a Dreamcast and...obviously, I own a binatone tennis game! I remember playing a very cute game called Alien on my Vic-20.

Something I've been playing lately...don't laugh...but I've been playing Hover. Haha...oh dear, the noise of those little hover thingies really does get into your brain. It works on my Windows 7 laptop! The kids are like...Oh God...when will the actual game start!?

I found my old Mega Drive at my parents house a few months ago. Several hours of nostalgic entertainment followed. Sonic 3, Gunstar Heroes, Probotector... ahh. I remember having a 32X with Doom, Virtuafighter, Virtuaracing Delux (I also had the original on Mega Drive, I was impressed with the fact the cartridge had a GPU in it. Can't do that with CDs!).

I just downloaded the original Theme Park (PC) onto my computer today, it's available for free with Dosbox now (presumably it's abandonware). Great fun, harder than I realised though. My first attempt ended with me half a million in debt, losing 30k a month, going bankrupt at the end of the year. Pro-tip - avoid getting in debt and paying crippling levels of interest!

When I was about 14 or so (latish 90s) I remember pining for a Sega Saturn. Like it would be the pinnacle of my life to acquire one. I'd peer through the windows of the rich kids' houses to see them playing on their Sega Saturn, laughing, carefree, in the warm glow of their centrally heated homes. I might see if I can play any of those games I missed in an emulator.. I'm sure they'd all seem shit now though.