British Comedy Guide

Nat Wicks?

I see Nat Wicks's name is greyed-out on all her threads?

Has she gone? :O

We disposed of her for posting in the wrong forum section. You had better be careful. ;)

Yes, she resigned for some reason. Well, the hours suck and the pay's terrible...

That's a shame.

Tis indeed

9,000 messages in 2 years is quite a haul. Perhaps she has POST traumatic stress.

Quote: don rushmore @ August 27 2012, 11:02 PM BST

9,000 messages in 2 years is quite a haul. Perhaps she has POST traumatic stress.

Laughing out loud
I get that too when I've been posting too much. I fear the big problem with such a site is, when you're using the PC for work or writing, it is too much of an inteference if you keep getting sidetracked by interesting threads. I use it mainly for the bits of time when I need a break or a diversion, but it often takes over and then you have trouble getting back to your work, or remembering where you were with it.

I think a time restricting device on the site would be a great idea, limiting posters to an hour or so only a day. Then you can get your work done and still participate in important comedy discussions like slagging the BBC orf or what have you.

Yes a shame she's gone, an interesting and funny young lady. But clearly has better stuff to do, unlike me.

I'm suffering from post nats cool depression

Yep...I've always got this site active on one gadget or another. It's always open in a browser tab on various laptops and my tab PC keeps me on line even when I'm not using it (probably looks like I never sleep)...and, yep, it does distract me while I'm working, but if it wasn't BCG it would be something else.

Shame about Nat...maybe she'll come back. Nothing wrong with a rant or two...often makes for a good discussion.

Quote: Joyce @ August 28 2012, 7:44 AM BST

Shame about Nat...maybe she'll come back.

Most people who *announce* they're leaving, end up coming back. It's those who don't bother saying anything who tend to stay away.

Did Nat get upset about something or has she just outgrown us? (so sad when they fly the nest)

Quote: Nogget @ August 28 2012, 8:28 AM BST

Most people who *announce* they're leaving, end up coming back. It's those who don't bother saying anything who tend to stay away.

I've never left a forum (sorry to break that news). I go through phases, like anyone else. I find other people to annoy for a while then come back (sorry to break that news).

I joined this forum a couple of years ago...posted about three times and left it. Can't even remember why. I was very pleased when I was directed back here and found I still had a profile...yay me!

Hope I don't get greyed out. Can't promise though, what with Marc P constantly leading me off topic and Nicky Liar encouraging me to post filth. I'm such a shy and respectable woman. I try to be good, but it's them!

Quote: Tursiops @ August 28 2012, 8:44 AM BST

Did Nat get upset about something or has she just outgrown us?

It followed a 'passionate' debate in "Podcast on women in comedy."

Hmmm,passionate is not the word I would use. It seems inevitable that any thread on women in comedy will be seen as an opportunity for pulling ponytails by the usual suspects. I can see Nat might have found it tiresome, particularly when it descended into personal remarks about her act. But she is a very talented lady and it would not surprise me if she has the last laugh.

Quote: Tursiops @ August 28 2012, 1:30 PM BST

Hmmm,passionate is not the word I would use. It seems inevitable that any thread on women in comedy will be seen as an opportunity for pulling ponytails by the usual suspects. I can see Nat might have found it tiresome, particularly when it descended into personal remarks about her act. But she is a very talented lady and it would not surprise me if she has the last laugh.

I would have thought it worthwhile sticking around to get material to put in her act.