Love thy neighbour

We see a house for sale sign that has pasted across it the slogan 'Reduced for quick sale'

Inside the house a man is pouring buckets of water onto the carpets while a woman is washing the walls waist high with a filthy sponge.

The door bell rings and the man and woman stop what they're doing and hide the equipment.

The woman answers the door and we see a man in a suit standing alongside a young couple who are holding hands.

The three people enter and look around at the damp walls and can feel the soggy carpet under foot.

The man in the suit is in buoyant mood.

SUIT

"So as you an see the place was flooded, however on the plus side we have a written builders guarantee that the damage is superficial and the reduction in the price handsomely covers the small amount of work required"

The couple look at each other then nod and hug.

SUIT

"Excellent we'll have the deeds over to you by tea time"

The couple leave the house in an excited fashion

SUIT

"Phew that was close, they bought the flood story I knew they would"

MAN

"I feel like we scammed those poor kids, we should have told them!"

SUIT

"Ken for god's sake how many times have I had you a buyer only to lose them once it gets out?"

MAN

"I suppose you're right"

SUIT

"You know I am, besides those kids got a good house at a nice price"

MAM

"I still think we should have told them the neighbours are scousers!"

hahaha!

Another very clever and funny sketch.

We're immediately hooked by the owners' strange cleaning activities and later we're on tenterhooks wondering what horrors the house really holds.

I was thinking of multiple bodies under the floorboards or perhaps demonic possession.

But no - the truth was far, far worse.

Great stuff! :D

Thanks for that one kid, I do hope you know I'm a actually a Scouser myself and I only use that as a notion due to the fact that it is one of the few slurs left that are PC.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ August 27 2012, 4:22 PM BST

I do hope you know I'm a actually a Scouser myself

The avatar was a clue. :P

Nicely written and I too was keen to see what the reason for the quick sake was. The good thing is this would work well with any combination of undesirable neighbours at the end.

Quote: Veronica Vestibule @ August 27 2012, 4:33 PM BST

The avatar was a clue. :P

Ah, you picked up on that one too.

Nice sketch, Teddy. Keep 'em coming.