Living on my own, don't like it!!

Does anybody here live on their own?

I don't usually but I've found myself in the unsettling situation of having to live on my own for a few weeks - and I don't bloody like it!

I live with my mum usually, but she's away on a very important matter!! And I'm on me todd me at least 3 weeks :|

I work from home so I'm here all day. I do get out of the house 3 or 4 times per day to walk my furry little pal (my dog lol)

In fact, my dog is keeping me very busy she is a little live wire and takes up a lot of my time what with playing games and going for walks. So I'm not completely on my own :D

I've ordered myself in a shit load of DVD's and books to keep myself occupied in the evenings.

But, I really miss my mum. I've got 21 days to wait and find out how much longer she'll be gone!

To be honest, it's part of the reason I joined this forum, just to have a bit of contact with the outside world lol

I hope I don't sound like a moaning minnie, I just wanted to share this with the world. A problem shared and all that!

Does anyone else on here live alone, how do you find it?

I'm sorry you're feeling lonely without your mum. :(

To be honest, I'm the complete opposite of you - I love being on my own and having the place to myself. I can't wait until I can afford to buy a place to live on my own! I'm even on holiday on my own at the moment.

I'm sure you'll get used to it soon, then when your mum gets back you'll feel like you're getting under each other's feet. Just take the opportunity to have complete control over the remote, cook food your mum doesn't like to eat, listen to your music or your choice of radio station. And there's always us lot you can talk to!

Quote: Harridan @ August 16 2012, 8:59 PM BST

I'm sorry you're feeling lonely without your mum. :(

To be honest, I'm the complete opposite of you - I love being on my own and having the place to myself. I can't wait until I can afford to buy a place to live on my own! I'm even on holiday on my own at the moment.

I'm sure you'll get used to it soon, then when your mum gets back you'll feel like you're getting under each other's feet. Just take the opportunity to have complete control over the remote, cook food your mum doesn't like to eat, listen to your music or your choice of radio station. And there's always us lot you can talk to!

Thanks harridan!!

Seriously I respect people like you who can feel comfortable for a long while on their own! I love your positivity.

I am okay, and making the most of being able to sing as loud as I want even at midnight and not having to keep things quite as tidy as usual! But you know what they say, absence makes the heart grow stronger, it's true that!!

Where abouts are you on Holiday?

I'm not sure if this is your idea of humour.

I live in a bedsit and hope to rent a flat soon. I love being alone at times and it should be a good opportunity to write but I frequently get distracted.

I love being alone at first. Then I get bored out of my mind and then a bit scared. I definitely can't watch horror films at night if I'm alone in the house.

It's nothing to respect, really. I really am just a grumpy old hag.

I'm in Cardiff, looking at castles for hours on end without anyone to tell me they're bored and want to go home :D

If you've got time to kill why don't you take up a hobby to keep yourself busy?

How is Our Will Cam?

Quote: sootyj @ August 16 2012, 9:17 PM BST

How is Our Will Cam?

oops! I think I left him at the top of Caerphilly castle! I knew my bag felt lighter on the way home...

Quote: zooo @ August 16 2012, 9:15 PM BST

I love being alone at first. Then I get bored out of my mind and then a bit scared. I definitely can't watch horror films at night if I'm alone in the house.

Isn't that preferable to being with Aaron?

The castle adventures sound amazing!

Actually, watching horror movies alone doesn't bother me too much - I'm so rock and roll I eat cheese before bed in the vague hope of actually inducing a nightmare :D

Quote: SweetieDarling @ August 16 2012, 9:25 PM BST

Actually, watching horror movies alone doesn't bother me too much - I'm so rock and roll I eat cheese before bed in the vague hope of actually inducing a nightmare :D

Impressive, you were born to live alone!
I can only just watch horror films in a house full of people in the middle of the day, come to think of it.

I can't watch scary things when it's dark - I can be a real wimp about scary things sometimes! I remember in the 'Crash of the Byzantium' episode of Doctor Who I had to pause it after the scary reveal and go and make myself a cup of tea to calm down!

Quote: Harridan @ August 16 2012, 9:35 PM BST

I can't watch scary things when it's dark - I can be a real wimp about scary things sometimes! I remember in the 'Crash of the Byzantium' episode of Doctor Who I had to pause it after the scary reveal and go and make myself a cup of tea to calm down!

Heee! Was that the later Weeping Angels ep? The first one with them scared me so much.

I have lived on my own for the past 3 years and have never been happier. I go out and meet friends more than I ever did when I was in a relationship and am also lucky to have a job I love.

Each to their own as they say Sweetie but it suits me now after having a huge nervous breakdown. I talk to myself, my pants, my chair and any other inanimate objects that will listen.

This forum does help a great deal as the only thing I truly miss is having a laugh with like minded people.

I hope it works for you and as you can see there are lots of kind and funny people here to talk shite with.

Wave

Edit: Typical she's buggered off!

Quote: zooo @ August 16 2012, 9:15 PM BST

SPIDERS.