Script-writing partner wanted

It's one of those things isn't it? I have ideas, and folders and folders of half-written scenes, dialogues, random lines. But I couldn't call myself a writer - not a scriptwriter anyway. Thinking on it, my dream job would be editing scripts. If only I could generate enough stuff of my own to edit.

So I'm looking for someone to write with, either helping them develop their material or being helped developing my own. Possibly a bit of both.

I've done classes, even passed one or two. And my focus would be (at least to begin with) aimed directly at what will sell. That doesn't mean I've a low threshold for rubbish, just that I'd rather aim the good stuff at a popular market. I'd rather work out what could sell and do it well, than come up with a great idea and then have to think how to sell it.

On that note, I have pitches for one or two sit-coms that were specifically thought-up to be commercial (it'd be these I want help with turning into actual scripts. Lol).

I live in Yorkshire, and would prefer not to have to work with someone over the net (although of course for the first few times AT LEAST we'd meet in a quiet pub/cafe! No Hannibal Lectors, no matter HOW funny they are. Again, Lol.)

Standard advice: Post some of your stuff and let any would-be partner see whatcha got and howya doit. AND also it's LectEr not LectOr. BOL

I'm interested, but I'm London-based. I love Yorkshire very much, though. I studied at the Un. of Sheffield. :-)

Quote: Marriot Hughes @ April 28 2012, 3:56 PM BST

It's one of those things isn't it? I have ideas, and folders and folders of half-written scenes, dialogues, random lines. But I couldn't call myself a writer - not a scriptwriter anyway. Thinking on it, my dream job would be editing scripts. If only I could generate enough stuff of my own to edit.

So I'm looking for someone to write with, either helping them develop their material or being helped developing my own. Possibly a bit of both.

I've done classes, even passed one or two. And my focus would be (at least to begin with) aimed directly at what will sell. That doesn't mean I've a low threshold for rubbish, just that I'd rather aim the good stuff at a popular market. I'd rather work out what could sell and do it well, than come up with a great idea and then have to think how to sell it.

On that note, I have pitches for one or two sit-coms that were specifically thought-up to be commercial (it'd be these I want help with turning into actual scripts. Lol).

I live in Yorkshire, and would prefer not to have to work with someone over the net (although of course for the first few times AT LEAST we'd meet in a quiet pub/cafe! No Hannibal Lectors, no matter HOW funny they are. Again, Lol.)

Sounds interesting. I'm a Yorkshire based writer who's spent many years desperately trying to get a sitcom on TV but failed due to a combination of lack of motivation, being a bit too wacky and not knowing anyone in the business. I suspect at least a couple of these could be resolved if I had an appropriate co-writer on the same wavelength as me.

Do you have any examples of your work? If so, please email me at kevinthehorse55@googlemail.com

Quote: Stephen Birch @ May 3 2012, 10:19 AM BST

it's LectEr...

That's about 90% true. In the film Manhunter, it was Hannibal Lecktor.

Hi, I might be up for that. I'm Leeds-based, currently doing an MA in Writing for Performance and Publication at the uni. Gonna start touting a script, for what it's worth: a kind of Police Squad/Garth Marenghi's Darkplace semi-accidental rip-off. ;-)

Link to it here, if you fancy a peruse and see if it's up your street:

http://therubsley.atwebpages.com/towels_script.pdf

Cheers!
Rory