Writing partner wanted

Hi guys,

I'm new round here, looking for potential collaborators for some writing. I have my own stuff I've been working on for a while, for which I'd love o find someone with similar interests to inject it with some of their own ideas. I'm also looking to start brand new projects as part of a couple or group. I'm twenty three so someone around my age group would probably be best in terms of experience and perspective but anyone interested can email me and we can discuss influences etc. I'm based across Ireland and the UK (living in Ireland atm but frequently in Essex) so for now would be a more email based exchange of ideas.

Thanks,

Kate

I might be able to help and you might be able to help me.

just let me know what your working on and I'll share my ideas with you. I'll let you know what I'm working on and I'm sure you can help me.

I'll share some of the stuff I've been working on if you think its funny or at least has potential let me know and we can maybe work on stuff together.

By the way I am a magician and I'm basically looking for help to add a few laughs to my act, my problem with writing is coming up with original ideas or creating set ups but I am very good at taking an idea and adding comedy to it, in my magic act almost all of my comedy comes from playing of my volunteers as I am very witty and good at ad libbing.

This was just a few Ideas I had about alcohol, the first bit is just a one liner the rest I suppose is a kind of a mini sketch.

Alcohol is a colourless flammable liquid that is present in
intoxicating drinks its also found in intoxicated drunks

During my research I found myself an expert on alcohol, his name was
Joe and I found him lying at the side of the road.conducting further
research on a can of special brew.

I said to him "alcohol causes dehydration, so how do you cope with that".

He said "that's easy, I drink doubles"

I asked "whats your opinion on responsible drinking"

He said "simple don't give me any responsibilities whilst I'm drinking."

I then conducted further research by asking a young gentleman who was out
on the town on Friday.

I asked him "are you aware of how much your drinking"

He said "yeah I'm always careful, I know it can cause problems with my
health and more importantly in the bedroom"

I said "you mean your worried if you drink to much you won't get an erection"

He said "no, I'm worried that if I drink to much I might pull a minger."

I asked Whow are you at chatting up women do you find it quite nerver wrackingW

He said "well it depends on how their looking"

"You mean if there attractive you get nervous"

He said "No I mean I can slip them a rohypnol if their not looking"

Thats all I'll share with you just now. I hope to hear back from you and I'm sure we can come up with some great material together

Thanks for replying to my post! I'm not sure I'd be the best person for the job though I'm more of a sitcom, character writer but hopefully you'll be able to find some one on here!

Dear Katmeat, I have a suggestion: Why don't you post some of your efforts in Critique and give your prospective partners a sample of your talent. It might throw up some more reponses to your petition. BOL

Good call sir.

You both seem to be looking for a sounding board and critique is excelent for that.

Writing partners if you're not working on an actual project, not so much.

Thanks for the advice guys much appreciated. I've had lots of lovely responses so I'm afraid I might not reply to you in you contact me from now. Thanks for everyones input though it's been really helpful
:-)

"By the way I am a magician..." !!!

I think your jokes are great, made me laugh out loud.

Good luck!

Hi Kate.
I am currently starting out as a sitcom writer in Cardiff.
I am 23 and would interested in collaborating with you.
Cheers !
Tim.

"I'm twenty three so someone around my age group would probably be best in terms of experience and perspective"
"I'm twenty three so someone around my age group would probably be best in terms of experience and perspective"
I said

Now read it all again out loud in a squeaky voice. It's a good line young one, a very good line.

You should all probably stop replying to this thread. I had a brief exchange with Kate, and she sent along this message about 2 weeks ago.

"Hi Guys,

I'm sending this to everyone that has got back to me as I've had loads of replies. To be honest it's been a bit overwhelming and I think I might need to work on my own a bit more before I'm in a position to work with anyone else. I've been sent some really great samples which has made me wonder if my stuff is yet good enough, I don't want to be the weak link. If it is ok with everybody I might take some time to work on my stuff a bit more and then perhaps in a few months I could send people some samples. Until then I need to focus on my other work to try and make some money! I'm sorry for being such a pain in the arse, even the replies I've had have been a learning curve. Thanks for all your enthusiastic responses you've all been brilliant and hopefully you'll be hearing from me in the future!

Kate"

Quote: Garry Lee @ May 11 2012, 7:47 PM BST

I had a brief exchange with Kate

You....dirty.....old.....man.........

I'm also looking for partners to create a comedy group. Mainly females. I've got 3 completed scripts.