Sitcom Setting.

I would like help in finding a sitcom setting where it is possible to have an array of characters eg. Benidorm, Phoenix Nights.

A bus stop would be interesting.

Actually, no, on seconds thoughts, that would be crap.

Not being rude, but if this is something you can't manage on your own you might not be cut out for the job.

Not being rude but the fact that you refer to yourself as the third person in your profile really pisses me off and makes me think you're a bit of a twat therefore your opinion means nothing to me.

David,
Can you give me a list of criteria you want in somebody before their opinion means anything to you? I want to make sure I'm eligible before wasting my time responding.
Thanks.

Someone with a constructive answer would be acceptable.

I thought Lazzard's was quite a constructive answer.

Not really. Telling someone that they're not cut out for the job when they are simply seeking a few ideas is hardly 'constructive' I have the characters I just need a realistic place to put them all somewhere in which different personalities would meet. That is all is that too much to ask for?

Why don't you just make some place up?

If it was that easy they'd all have done it already.

I briefly thought of setting one in a music studio - centred round the production team. Each week they've got to get the track laid down, but are always confounded by the artists - divas, wannabes, urban gangsters, talented kids with pushy parents, a tone deaf millionaire etc.

It's tricky, a lot of the ones you think of have been taken, many times over. Try going through every job you can think of, work based sitcoms are reliable. Then social groupings (like that walking club thing), house and flat shares (Game On, Friends)... then... er...

Talking of the work-based, no-one's done an employment agency yet have they? Again, lots of different characters coming in, lots of potential employers to be won over.

If you want either of them all I ask is a likkle asst-producer credit!

edit - are you looking for an actual place? Not a setting? Me and my reading (non)skillz.

Oh f**k off!

And I'm with you OP - if the critics had talent, they'd be working instead of hanging about sneering at you for trying.

;)

Quote: David Galand @ April 28 2012, 5:45 PM BST

Oh f**k off!

Does this mean I don't meet your criteria?

Thank you Marriot someone with something constructive to say. :)

No worries Mr Galand. The trolls are here in force.

:P