R.I.P Frank Carson

On the Channel 4 news and ITV Twitter that he died today. First comedian I ever saw live. :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17046201

Oh shame.

A funny guy.
It was they way he told them.

RIP Frank

Very Sad

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ February 22 2012, 8:49 PM GMT

A funny guy.
It was they way he told them.

:D

RIP Frank

I liked him, even though he hated white people.

Sad news, RIP.

Sad news indeed :(

Frank Carson once sent a complaint/claim-form to my place of work along with a lovely letter and half a dozen signed photos. He seems like a genuinely nice guy. we still have his letter pinned up on our notice-board.

A real shame,pretty much the last of the great old school club comics.

to be frank, he was a funny guy,but his material was as thin as a landlady's nightie. Cheers chum

RIP Frank. I did his laugh today earlier without knowing!

A great performer, always funny. Sad news indeed.

Interesting life off stage too-

"worked as a plasterer and electrician, and then joined the Parachute Regiment. He served three years in the Middle East in the 1950s, before his attention turned to showbusiness.
In 1987, Pope John Paul II knighted Carson into the order of St Gregory at a private audience in Rome, in recognition of his charity work in Northern Ireland.
Despite his showbusiness career, the comedian also served as Mayor of Balbriggan in North Dublin twice.He moved to Blackpool in later life, where he became involved with the Eurosceptic UK Independence Party."

RIP Frank. I'll always remember him from the Tiswas generation.

"Frank was an old school comedian who only wanted to make people laugh".

There is nothing wrong with that.

All the best Frank wherever you are.

When a comedy legend such a Frank passes on I always like to think the last thing they would want is for people to be sad. Especially as he had spent so much of his life with the sole purpose of making people laugh. Recently Dave Lee passed away and 2000 people at his funeral had tears in their eyes but they were tears of laughter because of wonderful tributes from the likes of Richard Digance and others. So R.I.P Mr Frank Carson and may your memory forever make people smile.