1980s black comedy

hello all

I've been trying to chase up a British black comedy done in the Thatcher era. It centred on a vicar and his nurse wife. It was quite prescient -- everyone was out to make money. He videoed Christenings and tried to sell them to the parents, his wife offered special postoperative services to patients. The surgeons sold insurance. In the background was a helicopter shovelling advertising material while others were hoovering it up off the roads. Very black. If anyone has any clues to this I'd be very grateful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tickets_for_the_Titanic

it was rather good

Eh? Have absolutely no idea at all but I'd love to see it!

The episode you are referring to is "everyone's a winner"

Cor blimey, well done. I hadn't the faintest recollection of any of those, but am pleased to see it's C4, back in the 80s. Any available on DVD do you know?

I don't think so, but you could look.
It was sort of like the old play for today.

LIke to see that as I only recall one episode with Tony Robinson as a liberal vicar under surveillance who is arrested as subversive following a series of cock-ups.

I remember the Tony Robinson one it was superb,he ends up handcuffing himself to Princess Diana in the end,very funny stuff.

Thank you all.

I've been searching for this for some time.

Now to get a copy...

Some illegal torrent sites have the first episode of series one and the complete second series. :)

Is this another racist thread?

Ed Milliband started it. He meant something else.

Quote: zooo @ January 6 2012, 6:49 PM GMT

Ed Milliband started it. He meant something else.

Laughing out loud