World Shut Your Mouth

As much as I really liked 'Trigger Happy TV' I liked 'World Shut Your Mouth' that much more. Dom Joly as usual was simply superb and so were many of the sketches from this series.

Highlights for me - attempting to jump across the Grand Canyon via a rocket attached to his back - horses head in his hotel room - dresses as a gothic talking to an old couple - having food sent to his hotel room with Joly as a sniper. There are many more of course, but these few sketches I have mentioned are what first come to mind. No doubt many of you who watched or have this on DVD remember some of these.

I loved Joly as the British baldie, depressed goth, tourist and the Greek ambassador and metal man.

Your thoughts please..

I really liked Trigger Happy too but World Shut Your Mouth just didn't reach the same heights imo. It felt like a lot of good ideas but without the same spark that the earlier show had. Maybe because the music (such an important part of TH) was inferior or maybe because Joly was less inspired this time around. Has he really done much of worth since Trigger Happy finished way back when?

I still think the funniest part of this was Dom, dressed as a cowboy, marching into a snobby French restaurant and shouting about how he needed to gather a posse to face off an invading bandit.

Quote: Gelgoog @ January 9 2012, 12:54 AM GMT

I still think the funniest part of this was Dom, dressed as a cowboy, marching into a snobby French restaurant and shouting about how he needed to gather a posse to face off an invading bandit.

Yes, classic stuff.