Jesus Christ. Fuck is Simon Pegg doing - PAUL!

My God,

Ive just watched that awful film upto the bit where the "Alien" (Seth Rogan renta-cliche-voice) & Nick Frosts stereotype character have a Hollywood Heart-2-Heart.
Thought of Big Train, Spaced, Shaun of The Dead and had a little cry.

Jesus, even Hyperdrive was better than this, Frost. (in fact, it was quite good - 2 series made anyway)

But this odious, formulaic, piss-stinking sludge? What a waste of talent. (Not Seth Rogan, he can just go f**k himself right off, the boring little prick)

Paul x

I rather enjoyed Paul.

Quote: zooo @ December 31 2011, 2:15 PM GMT

I rather enjoyed Paul.

Me too, I actually thought it was better than "Hot Fuzz" (although not as brilliant as "Sean of the Dead" or "Spaced").

Was dissapointing as I had huge hopes

It's not all that bad though

Far too 'American' for my liking

I'm surprised anybody had that high hopes for it. By the time most British comedians head to Hollywood to try and make it in films their best and most exciting years are behind them.

I don't hate Seth Rogen but I don't really like him either.

I wasn't disappointed by this movie because as chip mentions, I didn't have high hopes for it. I like Pegg & Frost as much as anyone but I'm not convinced by their film careers. Their big ideas work better on a smaller screen.

Quote: Leevil @ December 31 2011, 3:51 PM GMT

I wasn't disappointed by this movie because as chip mentions, I didn't have high hopes for it. I like Pegg & Frost as much as anyone but I'm not convinced by their film careers. Their big ideas work better on a smaller screen.

I've only got a small telly which probably explains why I enjoyed it.

Quote: Leevil @ December 31 2011, 3:51 PM GMT

Mr Pegg has done rather well for himself with his film career I'd say.

Quote: bigfella @ December 31 2011, 4:05 PM GMT

I can't deny that. He's certainly not the worst example of a British actor in Hollywood. I just prefer his television work over his film.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ December 31 2011, 4:03 PM GMT

I've only got a small telly which probably explains why I enjoyed it.

Oh yes, I only starting getting into the film once I stood quite far back from the telly.

He's been the comedy monkey in a few big budget Hollywood tentpoles (of which Star Trek was excellent, although that had more to do with JJ Abrams than Pegg), and the lead in a series of lowlevel forgetable comedies. I envy you your low standards, bigfella!

He certainly hasn't done too badly. Better than Coogan or, well, almost any other recent brit-comedy actor. (Heed the 'almost' smart arses!)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 31 2011, 4:24 PM GMT

He certainly hasn't done too badly. Better than Coogan or, well, almost any other recent brit-comedy actor. (Heed the 'almost' smart arses!)

Coogan has 24 Hour Party People and Cock and Bull, so they're about equal on good films. They both have more filmic success than Gervais, though, who has no good films.

Quote: chipolata @ December 31 2011, 4:30 PM GMT

Coogan has 24 Hour Party People and Cock and Bull, so they're about equal on good films.

I'm not really talking about quality even, more about the success of the things they've been in, and the likely level of their career and visibility because of that over the pond. Pegg isn't a household name, but because of the things he's done I imagine he's more likely to be a recognised entity to the general public.

I liked "Run Fatboy Run" too.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 31 2011, 4:34 PM GMT

I'm not really talking about quality even, more about the success of the things they've been in, and the likely level of their career and visibility because of that over the pond. Pegg isn't a household name, but because of the things he's done I imagine he's more likely to be a recognised entity to the general public.

Well, I was talking about good films. I'll leave it to you ladies to talk about fame and all that Hello magazine nonsense. ;)