Help with ScripSmart

Hi

I have just bought a new laptop and it is windows 7.

Has anyone got any idea what ScriptSmart I need to download of BBC Writers Rooms? Please.

The Gold version.

It works fine on mine. :)

(not the Mac version, obviously)

Thanks Mikey

I will give that a go! :D

I have just noticed that my new laptop only has Microsoft word starter 2010

Do I have to have the complete Microsoft Office 2010 to use ScriptSmart does anyone know?

As I have never used ScriptSmart how will I know when it has downloaded correctly? i,e does it look a lot different to a normal word document?

Sorry for being thick :S

Or is there another stand alone script writing program that I could download that is good?

Many thanks

(Shrugs shoulders) I have the complete Office, but I'm sure if Starter has a fully functional Word, then it will work.

ScriptSmart is a programme that, when clicked upon, a dialogue box appears asking you to choose out of Film, Stage, Sitcom, etc. Then it opens up a new Word doc with the relevant formatting embedded.

Regarding standalone software, a lot of writers recommend Final Draft, if you're wiling to shell out $250.

Celtx is another option, which is free.

Are right, looks like I need the whole Office jobbie.

It will not let me open any template or anything, just a normal word document.

Is there any other good script writing program that you know of? If I buy office its £100 so if there is one I might be better buying a stand alone program???

Thanks mate

Celtx mmmmmmmmmmmm free sounds good!

Hi.
Word is worth the ££.

I only suggested Celtx. I don't endorse it. :P
It's a bit weird to use.

MovieMagic Screenwriter is available as a download for £99.
It's what I use and it's a real pleasure to work with - plus all sorts of whistles bells that come in handy should you find yourself working your way up the greasy pole of this business we call show.

I never paid for the full Word package either - seem to muddle along fine without it.

Good luck.

I downloaded the smartscript files to my desktop and unzipped them. Just click on the scriptsmart template icon to start a new document. You made need to enable macros. It works for me.

I might give scriptsmart a go. I've never worked with anything other than word and I would format it later because I always thought programs that were offered to writers were the ones that suggested story line developments etc but apparently I was wrong

Quote: blahblah @ December 22 2011, 11:27 AM GMT

I always thought programs that were offered to writers were the ones that suggested story line developments etc

You're right - there are some like that.
Avoid them like the plague.
You just need formatting and a few handy tools.

Sigh.

Use Scriptsmart if you wish, but if you want a much better add-on to MS Word for doing scripts, then use my Scriptwriter's Toolkit instead.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/14314/

Might be stupid question but why is everything I write in scriptsmart in capitals (and no the caps lock is not on ha)

Quote: blahblah @ January 2 2012, 11:56 AM GMT

Might be stupid question but why is everything I write in scriptsmart in capitals (and no the caps lock is not on ha)

MY BEST GUESS IS THAT YOU ARE NOT USING THE CORRECT KEYSTROKES OR YOU HAVE CHOSEN A SCRIPT FORMAT WHICH IS ALL CAPITALS.

:D

Quote: billwill @ January 2 2012, 1:14 PM GMT

... OR YOU HAVE CHOSEN A SCRIPT FORMAT WHICH IS ALL CAPITALS.

:D

Is that the 'Shout-ey Comedy' setting?
Ben Elton used to swear by it.