Sitcom converts

Have there been any sitcoms that when they first came out you hated or just didn't get, but now really like? Here's some of mine:

Yes Minister/Prime Minister: Just too young to really be interested first time around.

Absolutely Fabulous: It was just an alien world to me, fashion and the like, and the series seemed to be everywhere and I got fed up with hearing about it.

Frasier: It seemed to be about two pompous doodahs and that just made me fed-up before I could even see the comedy.

There's two that I'm kind of coming around to:

Miranda: Patchy. I've felt that it's trying too hard to be funny, but some clips I've seen recently have made me laugh.

Anything Gervais: Pants to The Office and pants to Extras. However, the bits I've seen of Life's Too Short have been good, but that's maybe down to Warwick's looks to camera.

The one I still can't be doing with: The Vicar of Dibley. No thank you.

I just didn't get The Mighty Boosh at first. It felt far too esoteric and loose and I didn't find it funny. I gave it another go when the second series aired and something clicked. I probably still don't get the show, but I learnt to enjoy it, with 'The Nightmare of Milky Joe' being my favourite episode - a real gem.

I hated Green Wing at first, then it became one of my favourite programmes.

I avoided The Inbetweeners at first because I wrongly dismissed it as a crass and crude comedy for Zoo readers.

Absolutely Fabulous and The Office also.

Quote: chipolata @ December 12 2011, 12:46 PM GMT

I avoided The Inbetweeners at first because I wrongly dismissed it as a crass and crude comedy for zooo.

Angry

Please, please, let someone say that 'Rev' has converted them.

The Mighty Boosh for me too. I thought it was childish. Then it won me over

The IT Crowd

Also I ignored Ideal after seeing the first one or two eps - huge mistake, it's superb

Mighty Boosh for me too. I saw about half of a TV episode and gave up figuring it was half-baked surrealistic nonsense. After all the hoopla about it I gave the radio show a listen and thought it was superb. It still comes under the 'surreal' heading but there's some incredibly funny characters there too.

I'm starting to really get into Seinfeld, but (and please don't pull me up on this afficionados) when it was around I just found them all too annoying.

To my everlasting shame I dismissed Father Ted after tuning in to see Dougal with his head inside a television.

Quote: Timbo @ December 13 2011, 9:03 PM GMT

To my everlasting shame I dismissed Father Ted after tuning in to see Dougal with his head inside a television.

'What's that gobshite doing on the television?'

:D

Though not a sitcom, the comedy film Up and Under converted me.

I initially dismissed Prime Minister's Question time as being too childish, before I realised the genius of it parodying The Thick of It.