Help needed for good ideas

i have some extremely good ideas for comedy sketches and I live in norwich, can anyone help me get in the right places?

First of all write them down and see if anyone agrees, and by anyone I mean peers, not friends.

What that oaf off of Britain's Got Talent? What does he know about anything?

And Jaymee, when I say "peers" do try to aim a little higher than sootyj...

just write as I would any story or something? never attempted writing as I feel it won't be as funny being read on paper but ill give it a go. I have many people in stitches with some characters I can portray with voices and actions, tho good advice ta

Quote: jaymee @ December 5 2011, 3:18 PM GMT

just write as I would any story or something? never attempted writing as I feel it won't be as funny being read on paper but ill give it a go. I have many people in stitches with some characters I can portray with voices and actions, tho good advice ta

Are you sure you haven't been, recently, writing a sitcom for a 'school project'?

i attempted a reply but as I say the idea didnt seem like it does in my head, altho I may be wrong

Quote: jaymee @ December 5 2011, 3:18 PM GMT

If you think your comedy would come over better when performed then book yourself 5 minutes of open mic and find out if you're right.

david if I was to write a sketch to the best of my ability, describe in detail all actions and expressions, can I send them to you to see what you think? im just unsure of how to word it but ill give it a go....

There's always audio. Some people here have done some interesting things with that.

think im gonna need to get me a camera, some friends, a haircut and just start making some ametur stuff, think id be best just directing ideas and posting videos.. thanks for your comments

Quote: jaymee @ December 5 2011, 3:35 PM GMT

david if I was to write a sketch to the best of my ability, describe in detail all actions and expressions, can I send them to you to see what you think? im just unsure of how to word it but ill give it a go....

I wouldn't rely on the opinions of just one person. Your best bet is to look at some scripts, see how they're laid out (sketch, TV, film, it doesn't really matter at this stage), then format your idea accordingly. Once you've done that, post it up here on Critique with a polite request for feedback and ready yourself for judgement.

Or skip that business entirely, perform it for a camera, record some audio or try it out on stage.

Quote: jaymee @ December 5 2011, 3:01 PM GMT

I have some extremely good ideas for comedy sketches and I live in Norwich.. can anyone help me get in the right places?

Well.. first, you'll have to move..