Fancy writing for the new rival to Private Eye?

Any of you lot up for doing a bit of satirical writing à la Private Eye? I'm ploughing a lonely furrow at the moment by being virtually the only writer on Ha! Magazine at http://humour.co.uk/. The majority of the other contributors are cartoonists. If you fancy giving it a go, scan the latest news stories and see what you can take the mickey out of/ humourously comment upon/ or remorselessly send up. Cartoons will probably produced to illustrate your stories which shouldn't be longer than around 300 words. Front page links back to your sites in return!Hope to be able to pay soon.

You want link= instead of url= then, obviously /link instead of /url

A rival to Private Eye eh? Setting your sights high there. I'll have a look when I get a chance. Busy catching up on 2 week's worth of emails.

Thanks! Look forward to your response!

Yes - setting sights high - but years of experience and a particular scorn for many politicians and much of the celeb-obsessed media helps!

Would this be actually printed like Private Eye?

It WAS printed back in the mid-nineties and ran for five issues at my own expense while looking for a publisher. Out of a print run of 1,000 per issue, it sold 400 per issue (which is good, I am told) and two mainstream publishers were interested but finally turned it down on account of lack of confidence in selling advertising in it.

But, for the moment, no, it won't be printed, but I hope to attract advertising revenue to eventually be able to pay contributors in money rather than just links.

However, a plan is to produce a printed ANNUAL digest for the Christmas market.

Ha! Humorous Arts still needs more satirical writers! Where better to find some than here, on the British Comedy Guide? One would have thought . . .

Quote: Afinkawan @ September 12 2011, 9:36 AM BST

A rival to Private Eye eh? Setting your sights high there. I'll have a look when I get a chance. Busy catching up on 2 week's worth of emails.

Ooo, who's been on holiday! I bet you're still wearing your bikini.

Quote: simonelli @ September 12 2011, 9:20 AM BST

Any of you lot up for doing a bit of satirical writing à la Private Eye? I'm ploughing a lonely furrow at the moment by being virtually the only writer on Ha! Magazine at http://humour.co.uk/. The majority of the other contributors are cartoonists. If you fancy giving it a go, scan the latest news stories and see what you can take the mickey out of/ humourously comment upon/ or remorselessly send up. Cartoons will probably produced to illustrate your stories which shouldn't be longer than around 300 words. Front page links back to your sites in return!Hope to be able to pay soon.

Nice work, just in case I actually get round to writing anything where is it submitted?

Email me at simon@cartoono.co.uk

Thanks!