How would you survive a Zombie Attack?

Hi! this has been inspired by the return of the walking dead and a book I recently had the plessure of reading called the zombie survival guide,Myself and a mate have been talking about this today, and I thought it might be fun to open up the debate on the BCG forums! picture it,you are at home,work,out shopping ect ect and breaking news hits of the dead walking and attacking the living!red alert has been called and its time to try and survive! what would you do? were would you go? what is your plan of survival? ill add my thoughts once im home from work!

I'm with Robert Kirkman on this one - the only smart thing to do in the event of a zombie apocalypse is to kill yourself.

Still, if you want to play he survival game you really ought to find yourself a copy of Max Brooks' The Zombie Survival Guide. Get yourself to a high school, form a group and lay your hands on a crowbar is what I took away from it.

I'd kill Bussell too, just to make sure.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 21 2011, 8:29 PM BST

I'd kill Bussell too, just to make sure.

Not before my re-animated corpse eats your face.

Ooooh smexy.

My neighbors have often joked that they'd all gather at my house because I have a collection of amateur radio gear and, most importantly, the equipment and ingredients to brew beer. Between my 10 closest neighbors we have about a hundred firearms (pistols, shotguns, hunting and "assault" rifles with many thousands of rounds of ammunition) as well as bows, crossbows, axes, hatchets, knives, swords and chainsaws. I think we'd put up a good fight. :D

With that kind of firepower you'd be sure to attract every zombie for miles around so you'd sure need those bladed weapons and bows!

Quote: David Bussell @ October 21 2011, 8:38 PM BST

With that kind of firepower you'd be sure to attract every zombie for miles around so you'd sure need those bladed weapons and bows!

It wouldn't be that difficult to make some silencers. Cool

Quote: DaButt @ October 21 2011, 8:41 PM BST

It wouldn't be that difficult to make some silencers. Cool

Just be sure you and your friends don't shoot any last lone survivors as they exit their houses, ala Night of the Living Dead.

A bunch of heavily armed ex-Marines and soldiers with a bottomless supply of beer -- what could possibly go wrong?

Surely your neighborhood doesn't allow zombies under the official rules and guidelines?

Quote: DaButt @ October 21 2011, 8:51 PM BST

A bunch of heavily armed ex-Marines and soldiers with a bottomless supply of beer -- what could possibly go wrong?

Heck knows our politics are different but I'd sure like to spend a day hanging out hearing your stories.

Quote: DaButt @ October 21 2011, 8:51 PM BST

Bussell aren't you in Ohio hunting tigers?

Quote: zooo @ October 21 2011, 8:52 PM BST

Surely your neighborhood doesn't allow zombies under the official rules and guidelines?

I'm pretty sure it's in the bylaws right next to the ban on chickens and ostriches.

Quite right too!