Quarter Life Crisis - Blog

I know I haven't been here long but I thought I'd try and get some feedback on my blog.

It originally started when I received some strange emails from a girl we order stationery from at work, and some friends of mine said I should put it into a blog. This is the result: http://mattyp22.blogspot.com/2011/09/this-woman-wants-to-wear-my-skin-like.html which had a sequel: http://mattyp22.blogspot.com/2011/09/id-probably-get-boob-job-if-it-meant.html

After those initial posts (the 2nd one I was particularly proud of) I decided to keep up my 'writing' and used the blog as an excuse to finally write some comedy/funny rants/etc. It has proved slightly popular and in just over a month I have received over 3000 hits (1000 being me most likely...)

Most recent blog can be found here http://mattyp22.blogspot.com/

Some have been hit and miss, but if you can be bothered to read even just one of the blogs I'd love to hear what you think. :D

Your Google/Twilight article was interesting, reminded me of this:

In 1970, Germaine Greer dared women to taste their menstrual blood. In The Female Eunuch,Greer posed this provocative challenge: "If you think you are emancipated, you might consider the idea of tasting your menstrual blood-if it makes you sick, you've got a long way to go baby." Almost forty years later, Ingrid Berthon-Moine released a series of photographs of women wearing menstrual blood on their lips. Berthon-Moine's portraits call attention to a
new movement of menstrual activists. Menarchy, or menstrual anarchy, is dedicated to eradicating the disgust that accompanies Western attitudes toward menstruation. Menarchists are primarily young feminists influenced by sex positive and queer-friendly third-wave strains of feminism, a do-it-yourself inspired punk counterculture, and anarchist principles that seek to deregulate corporate and medical control of menstruation. According to a 2009 article in The Guardian, menarchy advocates for "simple efforts to speak openly about periods, radical affronts to negative attitudes, and campaigns for more environmentally friendly sanitary products." (Shannon Docherty, 2010)

Quote: Matty P @ October 18 2011, 1:12 PM BST

http://mattyp22.blogspot.com/2011/09/this-woman-wants-to-wear-my-skin-like.html which had a sequel: http://mattyp22.blogspot.com/2011/09/id-probably-get-boob-job-if-it-meant.html

They were funny!
But now I want to know what happened next.

Quote: zooo @ October 18 2011, 2:50 PM BST

They were funny!
But now I want to know what happened next.

She has since stopped sending me any pictures so I haven't blogged about her since! She did ask me for my facebook though, which has my blog plastered all over it so there is no way she wouldn't have found out! Now it's more professional and she hasn't sent me anything blog worth since! I imagine she was high at the time.

Someone who was reading my blog actually came forward and said that they knew who she was, and even sent me a photo of her (it was at a distance though, she was in the background!). They even had her name right Eh? Small world indeed.

Crikey. Well she sounds utterly bonkers. But it's all good material!

enjoyed it! what an absolute lunatic.

I thought the first was better than the second, the second had some nice observations, but some of it was overdone - I prefered the musings on context rather than the critique on art in the last picture of the dog.

altogether very unique though. what a loon.

Quote: comedyoflife @ October 18 2011, 4:55 PM BST

enjoyed it! what an absolute lunatic.

I thought the first was better than the second, the second had some nice observations, but some of it was overdone - I prefered the musings on context rather than the critique on art in the last picture of the dog.

altogether very unique though. what a loon.

Thanks!

Hmm some people seemed to really like the critique on the picture, but I guess different strokes for different folks.

Cheers for the feedback all.

i liked it, but you overdid it, let me clarify.

cloudogsheep or a pighamsterfaetus = very good. laugh out loud stuff

dog jagger anus (complete with unnecessary picture) and muscular dystrophy e.t.c, complete with unnecessary picture actually took away from it...felt a bit overdone

My genuine advice is to put an end to that story, use some comic license and write about what you think happened to her e.t.c '- story needs an end that isn't "oh she just stopped".

Don't get me wrong, I did like it!

Steven Tyler you mean lol!

Na it's cool I get it man. The blog is about a month old now, so it may be strange to go back to it a month on. Or would it work? I'll consider it, I'm due to write a new blog so maybe it could work!

Funny stuff, thought it might have been someone you knew having a bit of fun on you.

Quote: AJGO @ October 18 2011, 2:42 PM BST

In 1970, Germaine Greer dared women to taste their menstrual blood. In The Female Eunuch,Greer posed this provocative challenge: "If you think you are emancipated, you might consider the idea of tasting your menstrual blood-if it makes you sick, you've got a long way to go baby." Almost forty years later, Ingrid Berthon-Moine released a series of photographs of women wearing menstrual blood on their lips. Berthon-Moine's portraits call attention to a
new movement of menstrual activists. Menarchy, or menstrual anarchy, is dedicated to eradicating the disgust that accompanies Western attitudes toward menstruation. Menarchists are primarily young feminists influenced by sex positive and queer-friendly third-wave strains of feminism, a do-it-yourself inspired punk counterculture, and anarchist principles that seek to deregulate corporate and medical control of menstruation. According to a 2009 article in The Guardian, menarchy advocates for "simple efforts to speak openly about periods, radical affronts to negative attitudes, and campaigns for more environmentally friendly sanitary products." (Shannon Docherty, 2010)

Do you mind...I'm trying to enjoy a bloody Mary here.

:D

Quote: Shandonbelle @ October 19 2011, 7:02 PM BST

Do you mind...I'm trying to enjoy a bloody Mary here.

I wonder if that's where KFC got it's catch phrase?

I thought these were very funny. I think stationery girl might well be an ex of mine.

Quote: Matty P @ October 20 2011, 10:55 AM BST

I wonder if that's where KFC got it's catch phrase?

Eh?