Warning: Joining The Army Might Involve War!

I appreciate that British soldiers aren't the sharpest tools in the box, but I was amused by yesterdays survey which revealed a lot leave once they find out that serving might actually involve combat. They should stick with it, because it could also involve bullying and suicide at Deepcut, raping and murdering Danish tour guides in Cyprus, or getting shot by Americans in friendly fire incidents.

Come now come now. I think it's well accepted that people who take on jobs of any such nature, not just in the military, are often not exactly the most academic. And it's certainly true that some are unbelievably stupid in thinking that it won't involve combat (particularly right now). But I think you're being a bit harsh on them here. For the most part, they do an excellent job, and there'll always be people raping and murdering others, bullying people and so on. It's not something which is exclusive to the British armed forces.

The Americans are idiots though, no doubt about that.

It only involves combat if you're not born with a silver spoon in your arse Whistling nnocently

Rolling eyes

Quote: Aaron @ January 8, 2008, 10:49 AM

The Americans are idiots though, no doubt about that.

Wave To all our *across the pond* users.

Quote: Leevil @ January 8, 2008, 10:55 AM

Wave To all our *across the pond* users.

Laughing out loud Aren't they going to declare independance soon?

From what? Common sense? Stable. Horse. Door. Bolted.

I would like to add to this debate that the Americans never allowed the Crazy Frog to top their charts.

Quote: David Bussell @ January 8, 2008, 11:12 AM

I would like to add to this debate that the Americans never allowed the Crazy Frog to top their charts.

Two words. Paris. Hilton.

Two words. Jade. Goody.

Two words.

Two wards. Hospital. Shane.

Quote: ajp29 @ January 8, 2008, 11:22 AM

Two words. Jade. Goody.

She's not been unleashed upon the world though, has she? Probably never left the country. Other than to Spain, obviously, 'cos that's where all the poor go on holiday. :P

I've never been to Spain, 'can't afford it.

Quote: Leevil @ January 8, 2008, 11:31 AM

I've never been to Spain, 'can't afford it.

You want to travle back in time to the 1970s and get a package holiday. Its also the time before the Iron Man/Lady ruined everything :(