Mockumentary?

Hello everybody, I am just wondering if anyone can tell me what format a mockumentary should be in? Thanks.

.h264

Does that help?

hello again people I probably should have said what writing format should a mockumentry be in? I am getting to grips with film and drama writing and I have been thinking about this comedy mockumentry that has been buzzing around inside my head for ages but I don't want to write it in lets say film format then realise that its the wrong fromat after I have sent it off thanks everbody.

I'm guessing screenplay.
You'll need quite a few camera directions (to camera, off camera etc) and quite a lot of action lines.
Probably look better in screenplay format - and to be honest, it does for most things that aren't studio based sitcoms.

thank you lazzard I will take your advice and run with it there is no advice like free advice thank you very much.. :)

I get the impression a lot of mockumentaries allow more impro than other scripts so that dialogue comes across as more life-like; might be useful to bear that in mind when writing characters and thinking about how a director would approach it.
Also, remember to specify if a character is talking to the camera man on the other side of the camera, or whether they are addressing audience watching through the camera.
Good luck with it!

thank you very much ajgo. Wave