I Choked, Bombed and Died... in that order. Page 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfHnzYEHAow

Quote: sootyj @ August 8 2011, 3:41 PM BST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfHnzYEHAow

If anyone ever asked me to define the word "Droll"
I would direct them to this above response.

Laughing out loud

It's also a lovely song.

And roughly describes my attitude towards both comedy and life.

Quote: sootyj @ August 8 2011, 4:08 PM BST

It's also a lovely song.

And roughly describes my attitude towards both comedy and life.

Tis a lovely song, very moving too...If I ever did standup I'd probably just walk on, sing that, break wind loudly, and walk off again...how bout that for an act Jack? ;)

Now if you broke wind to the final verse.

I'd pay to see that.

I'll get 'cracking' on it. Pleased

Important to remember how insignificant one man's attemt at doing a few minutes of stand up really is. You bombed - so what. No one really cares. Even if you had a great set they probably wouldn't remember it after leaving the club.

Good point about the likes of Whitehall, Howard, Flannaghan etc. They can get onstage and put on a show. Though many of us find it to be crap they get the audience laughing and if you can do that you've won.

At least you got on stage. All I can do is Karaoke.

Quote: Johnx @ August 9 2011, 3:21 PM BST

Important to remember how insignificant one man's attempt at doing a few minutes of stand up really is. You bombed - so what. No one really cares. Even if you had a great set they probably wouldn't remember it after leaving the club.

Thanks for posting that, it doesn't excuse me, but it's true.

Quote: Chappers @ August 9 2011, 4:58 PM BST

At least you got on stage. All I can do is Karaoke.

Karaoke takes balls. I could never do that. Aren't we a pair?

Quote: Jack Daniels @ August 9 2011, 10:27 PM BST

Isn't it rich? Aren't we a pair?

But where are the clowns? there ought to be clowns. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Shandonbelle @ August 9 2011, 10:35 PM BST

BBC4 until 11pm

Quote: Shandonbelle @ August 9 2011, 10:35 PM BST

I can juggle.

Didn't know this was on, looks good, will watch whats left of it.

You tried. Which is more than most do. I've got a good fifteen minutes worth of stuff written. I rehearse it round the house when no one else is around but I haven't got the balls to actually check out whether there are opportunities to go and perform.
Up to you to decide what you do now. You obvious have some feel for it but it depends what you what to do. Sideline just for fun? Whatever, one bad gig doesn't finish a career.

There was a thread a good while back about famous people getting boo'd off stage because their act stank.

So I would think it is an occupational hazzard that happens and will probably happen again.

I have enjoyed your story Jack (in a very sympathetic way of course) I hope you tell us at some time of your next gig that didn't go too badly.