Breaking Grace - A Grindhouse spoof

Some friends of mine made this as a personal project. It's a mock trailer for a Grindhouse revenge thriller called 'Breaking Grace' about a priest looking to revenge the murder of his wife. It's intended to be a tongue in cheek homage to exploitation cinema and they would be very pleased to know what people think of it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg0bev8Zi64

Very nicely made. Nice effects especially the ending. :D

Ha, that is ace.

"But why...did they have to kill my wife." the way that line was delivered cracked me up, so did the sparking up of the cigarette towards the end.

Looks great, well thought out, really nice special effects, and well performed.

five pirate faces out of five for me.

Pirate Pirate Pirate Pirate Pirate

Some really nice stuff in there (particularly enjoyed the Wilhem scream) but the whole thing ought to run quicker. As an experiment try seeing if you can get it down to half the length. Adding a filter to it to make it look more like cheap 16mm film and some ADR to get a little more continuity to the audio wouldn't hurt either - the American accents waver quite a bit.

Quote: David Bussell @ July 15 2011, 10:59 AM BST

Some really nice stuff in there (particularly enjoyed the Wilhem scream) but the whole thing ought to run quicker. As an experiment try seeing if you can get it down to half the length. Adding a filter to it to make it look more like cheap 16mm film and some ADR to get a little more continuity to the audio wouldn't hurt either - the American accents waver quite a bit.

Yeah, the filter thing is a good idea. Some post production work to give it the 16mm effect would work really well.